23 July 1992 |
|Notable work||The Cut
Tosin Cole (born 23 July 1992) is a British actor. He is known for his roles in The Cut, EastEnders: E20 and Hollyoaks. In October 2017, the BBC announced that Cole had been cast as a regular in the 2018 series of Doctor Who.
Cole later secured the role of Sol Levi in EastEnders: E20, a spin-off of the British soap opera EastEnders. The role required Cole to learn to dance and perform his routine in front of professional dance group Flawless in the series finale. He was quoted as saying the experience was "very, very, very stressful." Cole said it was a privilege to work on E20 and said the cast were fantastic. Cole then agreed to reprise the role for the third series. He was then cast as a regular character in soap opera Hollyoaks as Neil Cooper. Neil was one of six new characters the programme introduced. He also filmed a television advert as part of the serial's promotional push for the new characters.
On 4 October 2017, Cole starred in the short film Father of Man. On 22 October, it was announced that Cole had been cast as a companion in the eleventh series of Doctor Who, and will appear alongside Jodie Whittaker in 2018.
|2010||The Cut||Noah Achebe||Series regular|
|2010–11||EastEnders: E20||Sol Levi||Series 2 regular, series 3 cameo|
|2011–12||Hollyoaks||Neil Cooper||Series regular; 84 episodes|
|2012||Hollyoaks Later||Neil Cooper||All 5 episodes of series 5|
|2015||Star Wars: The Force Awakens||Lt. Bastian||Film|
|2017||Father of Man||Short film|
|2018||Doctor Who||Ryan||Series 11, regular (companion to the Thirteenth Doctor)|
- Bates, Daniel (23 November 2009). "Friends, Romans innit? Shakespeare is given a makeover in street slang". Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- The Cut. BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/thecut/about.shtml. Retrieved 13 September 2011. Missing or empty
- Kilkelly, Daniel (29 July 2010). "'EastEnders' announces new 'E20' cast". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- Press Association (9 October 2010). "E20's Tosin 'nervous' about dancing". MSN. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (29 July 2010). "More on the new 'EastEnders: E20' cast!". Digital Spy. Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (23 June 2011). "'EastEnders: E20': Ricky Norwood introduces the cast". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (26 August 2011). "'Hollyoaks' new sixth form students – In Pictures". Digital Spy. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- Smith, Chris (5 September 2011). "Meet the sexy sixth-form". E4. Channel 4 Television Corporation. Retrieved 13 September 2011.
- "New Doctor Who star Tosin Cole has already appeared in Star Wars". Radio Times. 23 October 2017. Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Cole and Miller star in Father of Man". Your Cinema Twitter. 15 September 2017. Retrieved 25 October 2017.[non-primary source needed]
- "Doctor Who: Bradley Walsh, Tosin Cole, Mandip Gill and Sharon D Clarke join Jodie Whittaker as regular cast members". Radio Times. 22 October 2017. Retrieved 22 October 2017.