This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||TYO: 4042
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||February 11, 1935|
|Headquarters||3-8-2, Shiba, Minato-Ku, Tokyo 105-8623, Japan|
|Kenichi Udagawa, (CEO and President)|
|Revenue||JPY) (FY 2012)|
|JPY) (FY 2012)|
Number of employees
|11,268 (consolidated) (as of March 31, 2012)|
|Footnotes / references
Tosoh Corporation (東ソー株式会社 Tōsō Kabushiki-gaisha) is a global chemical and specialty materials company. The company was founded in 1935 in Yamaguchi Prefecture, as Toyo Soda Manufacturing Co., Ltd., and in 1987 changed its name to Tosoh Corporation. Today, its corporate headquarters are in Tokyo, Japan.
It began as a manufacturer of chlor-alkali and petrochemical commodities and feedstocks. Today it produces other kinds of products including electrolytic manganese dioxide (EMD), specialty polymers, fine chemicals, scientific instruments, and thin-film materials.
The Tosoh Group globally comprises more than 130 companies and includes manufacturing and marketing facilities in East Asia, Europe and the United States.
Business groups and products
Tosoh Corporation is divided into 13 business divisions that are organized into five groups: Petrochemical, Chlor-Alkali, Speciality, and Engineering. The fifth group is composed of support services, including logistics, construction, engineering support, and other support activities. Listed below are the five groups and their primary products:
- Petrochemical Group
- Chlor-Alkali Group
- Specialty Group
- Organic Chemicals: organic intermediates, ethyleneamines, flame retardants, polyurethane catalysts, benzyl alcohol, hydrocarbon based solvents, piperazine, sodium styrene sulfonate, and bromochloropropane(BCP).
- Advanced Materials: silica glass, sputtering deposition targets, zeolites, zirconia injection mold and grinding media, battery materials, and silica.
- Bio-science: automated immunoassay and glycohemoglobin analyzers, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), molecular analyzers, chromatographic resins, size-exclusion chromatography instruments, laboratory automation solutions and services, and reagents.
- The Specialty Group focuses on products for high-tech industries such as semiconductors, consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals, and healthcare.
- Engineering Group
- Other Services Group
- "Tosoh at a Glance". Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "History of Tosoh". Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Kitanaka, Anna (6 July 2015). "Japan Stocks Fall, Yen Rises After Greece Votes No to Austerity". Bloomberg. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Tsukimori, Osamu (13 November 2011). "UPDATE 1-Tosoh's monomer plant caught fire after explosion". Reuters. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Business Groups". Retrieved March 26, 2014.
- Official website (in English)