Kılkuyu village in Tosya
Location of Tosya within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Kazım Şahin (MHP)|
|• District||1,185.62 km2 (457.77 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,231 m (4,039 ft)|
|• District density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Tosya (Ottoman Turkish: طوسيه) is a town and district of Kastamonu Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, the population of the district is 41,995.  About 30,000 live in the town of Tosya. The district covers an area of 1,186 km2 (458 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 1,231 m (4,039 ft). The district produces a third of Turkey's total rice harvest. Timber is another important industry in Tosya.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-11-28.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Tosya, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-11-03.
Media related to Kilkuyu, Tosya at Wikimedia Commons
|This geographical article about a location in Kastamonu Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|