Total Television was founded in 1959 by Buck Biggers, Chester "Chet" Stover, Joe Harris, and Treadwell D. Covington. They were executives in the advertising agency Dancer Fitzgerald Sample who had the account for the General Mills food corporation. Total was formed to create cartoon characters encouraging children to buy General Mills breakfast cereals and other products.
The studio produced animated series from 1959-1975 at Gamma Productions, a primitive start-up company, which was contracted to produce the animation for Jay Ward Productions' output. Ward was never satisfied with the work performed at Gamma, being crude and substandard, sloppily done and very limited.
Total Television is the animation studio responsible for
- The Hunter (1960-1963)
- Commander McBragg (1963-1966)
- Go Go Gophers (1966-1969)
- King Leonardo and His Short Subjects (1960-1963)
- Klondike Kat (1963-1966)
- Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales (1963-1966)
- The Beagles (1966-1969)
- The Sing A Long Family (1964-1967)
- Tooter Turtle (1960-1963)
- Twinkles The Elephant (1960-1963)
- Underdog (1964-1967)
- p.478 Erickson,Hal Television Cartoon Shows: An Illustrated Encyclopedia, 1949 through 2003 McFarland & Co., 2005
|This article related to an animation studio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|