The War Memorial in Totland.
|Totland shown within the Isle of Wight|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||Totland Bay|
|Fire||Isle of Wight|
|Ambulance||Isle of Wight|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Totland is a village, civil parish and electoral ward at the western tip of the Isle of Wight. It lies on the coast at Colwell Bay, which is the closest part of the island to the British mainland. The village lies on the Western peninsula where the Western Yar almost cuts through along with Alum Bay and Freshwater.
It is linked to other parts of the Island by Southern Vectis buses on route 7, and route 12 serving Freshwater, Yarmouth and Newport including intermediate villages. In the summer, open-top bus "The Needles Tour" also serves the village.
During Christmas 2012 a large landslip undermined an extensive section of the sea wall separating Totland Bay from Colwell Bay. The local council sealed off the undermined section from the public. After a successful local campaign the council accepted a compromise solution and a new path was opened to the public on 12th Sep 2015.
- "Ward/Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 19 October 2015.
- English Parishes & Welsh Communities N&C 2004
- "Southern Vectis - bus routes". www.islandbuses.info. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Southern Vectis - The Needles Tour". www.islandbuses.info. 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Totland sea wall reopens". Isle of Wight County Press. Retrieved 15 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Totland.|
|This Isle of Wight location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|