Goldsmith in 2012
|Born||27 August 1962|
Television and radio work
In the early 1980s, Goldsmith acted in Australian soap operas The Young Doctors, Starting Out and Prisoner, and was a panelist on such programs as All Star Squares. She was known as a sex symbol early in her career, and posed nude for art magazine Black+White in August 1996.
Goldsmith made various one-off appearances on Australian TV shows in the late 2000s, including Bert's Family Feud, Big Questions, ABBAmania, Surprise Surprise Gotcha, and Celebrity Singing Bee. Then in 2009, Goldsmith appeared in Neighbours for three months as Cassandra Freedman. She has also acted in some episodes of Aussie television show Swift and Shift Couriers.
Goldsmith performed the opening act at the 2010 Antenna Awards. She played Janet in a season of the New Rocky Horror show, and participated in The Arena Spectacular of Grease the musical. Goldsmith appeared in the 2010 Australian film 'Ricky! The Movie' as the ex-girlfriend of Ricky T, and as a gangster's girlfriend in Underbelly.
From 1986 Goldsmith was one of four female lead vocalists of the Australian band the Chantoozies. They released four singles: "Witch Queen", "He's Gonna Step On You Again" "Wanna Be Up" and Love The One You're With, and an album, Chantoozies. Goldsmith left the Chantoozies to pursue a solo singing career before the band released their second album, Gild the Lily in 1991.
This section includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Goldsmith works as a marriage celebrant and has released two meditation and relaxation CDs. One album is for children that she joined forces with a child psychologist. With the other, after having a bout of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and struggling for years with sleep issues, she used her meditation skills with sleep specialist Chis Bunny to record a sleep CD that has been prescribed by doctors.
Goldsmith is the daughter of Melbourne restaurateur and nightclub owner Brian Goldsmith and British-born actress Rona Newton-John. Her great-grandfather, the father of her grandmother Irene, was German-Jewish physicist and Nobel Prize winner Max Born. Olivia Newton-John is her aunt, the sister of her mother. Bass guitarist Brett Goldsmith is her elder brother and racecar driver Emerson Newton-John her half brother. Her other siblings are Fiona, Jason, Sasha, Briony, Charlie and Elizabeth.
Goldsmith was married to skier Steven Lee and they had a daughter Layla. She became engaged to businessman James Mayo in January 2008.
- "About Tottie Goldsmith". Tottie Goldsmith official website. Archived from the original on 5 January 2012. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "The Best Scripts Written For Older Women Are In Theatre". The Music. Retrieved 6 August 2015.
- "Internet Movie Database entry on Tottie Goldsmith". IMDb. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- Dennehy, Luke (25 January 2009). "Neighbours boosts Tottie". Herald Sun. Australia: The Herald and Weekly Times. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- Sarah (aka Princess.vinyl). "Discogs entry on Chantoozies". www.discogs.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- "Rate Your Music entry on Chantoozies". rateyourmusic.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- McMahon, Neil (25 May 2013). "Mother, model was much more than 'Olivia's older sister'". The Sydney Morning Herald. Australia. Retrieved 20 June 2015.
- Wilmoth, Peter (19 September 2004). "Mr Nightlife". The Age. Australia. Retrieved 23 March 2008.
- "Goldsmith's diamond is engaging". Herald Sun. 10 February 2008. Retrieved 23 March 2008.