Touch (Omarion song)
|Single by Omarion|
|from the album O|
|Released||October 1, 2004|
|Omarion singles chronology|
"Touch" is a song by American R&B singer Omarion. It was released on October 1, 2004, as the second single off his 2005 debut album O. The song was written by Pharrell Williams and includes his background vocals on the song's bridge. The song was produced by The Neptunes. "Touch" was originally planned to be the first single from O in the UK. However, it was eventually decided that as in the US, "O" would be the first single from the album there as well. It was a minor hit in the US, peaking at only number 94 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 35 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
"Touch" debuted at number 99 on the Billboard Hot 100 the week of June 25, 2005. It moved to number 98 the week after before leaving the chart. It re-entered the chart and peaked at number 94 the week of July 30, 2005.
The music video of "Touch" was directed by Diane Martel and choreographed by Shane Sparks and Blake Anthony; with Rasheed Musbah as co-choreographing consultant. At the beginning of the video, Omarion sees a sexy girl (Danielle Polanco) outside a club. Omarion showcases some elaborate choreography. They dance their way down the street until the girl's friends drive by and Omarion ducks into a store. When they leave, he comes out and they continue their dance to her apartment. The video ends with her putting a stopper in the door, inviting him in.
Omarion performed "Touch" along with "O" at the 2005 BET Awards on July 28, 2005. The performance was Military-themed with Omarion and the dancers dressed in Army outfits. For the "Touch" section, Danielle Polanco (who appeared in the song's video) came out on stage and danced with Omarion.
Awards and nominations
|2005||Teen Choice Awards||Choice R&B/Hip-Hop Track||Nominated|
- US 12"
- "Touch" (Album Version)
- "Touch" (Instrumental W/Background Vocals)
- "O" (Urban Clean Mix) (featuring Ray Cash)
- "O" (Urban Instrumental Mix)
Credits and personnel
Credits are adapted from the liner notes of O.
- The Neptunes – producer
- Andrew Coleman – recording
- Brian Garten – recording
- Phil Tan – mixer
- Justin Shturtz – assistant engineer
- Rob Skipworth – assistant engineer
|US Billboard Hot 100||94|
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||35|
- "Omarion - Touch". aCharts.us. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "Omarion's Touch". BET. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "The Teen Choice Awards". FOX. Archived from the original on January 8, 2006. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Omarion - Touch (Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- O (booklet). Epic Records. Sony Urban Music. 2004. EK 92818.
- "Omarion Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- "Omarion Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved August 23, 2014.