Touched by Jesus
|Touched by Jesus|
|Studio album by All About Eve|
|Released||26 August 1991|
|Genre||Alternative rock, gothic rock, shoegazing|
|All About Eve chronology|
Touched by Jesus is the third studio album by All About Eve. It was the first album to feature Church guitarist Marty Willson-Piper on guitars. Despite this, the album fell short of the commercial achievements of both the first album and Scarlet and Other Stories, reaching No. 17 in the UK charts. Of the three singles released only "Farewell Mr Sorrow" charted, reaching No. 36.
All music written by Cousin, Price, Regan, and Willson-Piper, except "Are You Lonely" written by Cousin, Livesey, Price, Regan, and Willson-Piper. All lyrics written by Julianne Regan except "Hide Child" written by Marty Willson-Piper.
Bold type indicates a single release (with chart position).
- "Strange Way" (51)
- "Farewell Mr. Sorrow" (36)
- "Wishing the Hours Away"
- "Touched by Jesus"
- "The Dreamer" (41)
- "Share It With Me"
- "Rhythm of Life"
- "The Mystery We Are"
- "Hide Child"
- "Are You Lonely"
- Andy Cousin - bass
- Mark Price - percussion, drums
- Julianne Regan - voice
- Marty Willson-Piper - electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin
- Warne Livesey - keyboards, production, string arrangements
- David Gilmour - additional guitar on "Wishing the Hours Away" and "Are You Lonely"
- Gavyn Wright - violin on "Ravens"
- The Astarti String Orchestra led by Gavin Wright
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Some versions of the single release of "Farewell Mr Sorrow" included a cover "Silver Song", originally by Mellow Candle, as a B-side.