Tour of Alberta
|Local name(s)||The Tour|
|Competition||UCI America Tour|
|Organiser||Alberta Peloton Association|
|Race director||Duane Vienneau|
|Editions||5 (as of 2017)|
|First winner||Rohan Dennis (AUS)|
|Most wins||No repeat winners|
|Most recent||Evan Huffman (USA)|
The ATB Tour of Alberta was a Canadian bicycle stage race, which raced across the province of Alberta. It was sanctioned by Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) and was part of the UCI America Tour. It was classified as a 2.1 race, making it one of the highest rated races on the tour. The inaugural tour featured a prologue and five stages, and was held September 3–8, 2013.
On February 15, 2018 the Alberta Peloton Association announced that the event was being cancelled.
The Tour of Alberta was the brainchild of former professional cyclist Alex Steida, who was the first North American cyclist to wear the Yellow Jersey in the Tour de France. After moving to Edmonton, Steida felt that the local geography and the ability of residents to "roll up their sleeves and get stuff done" made the province an ideal place for a multi-stage race and he spent nearly a decade promoting the idea. The idea began to take shape in 2012 when proponents secured support from the Rural Alberta Development Fund, which believed such a race could promote the province to a world audience. The proposed race was sanctioned by UCI in late 2012 and given a 2.1 classification, making it one of the highest rated events on the UCI America Tour.
- Yellow jersey: General classification (overall leader)
- Green jersey: Sprint classification
- Polka dot jersey: Mountains classification
- White jersey: Young rider classification
- Red jersey: Canadian rider classification
- Blue jersey: Most aggressive rider
|Year||1st place||Team||2nd place||Team||3rd place||Team|
|2013||Rohan Dennis (AUS)||Garmin–Sharp||Brent Bookwalter (USA)||BMC Racing Team||Damiano Caruso (ITA)||Cannondale|
|2014||Daryl Impey (RSA)||Orica–GreenEDGE||Tom Dumoulin (NED)||Giant–Shimano||Ruben Zepuntke (GER)||Bissell Development Team|
|2015||Bauke Mollema (NED)||Trek Factory Racing||Adam Yates (GBR)||Orica–GreenEDGE||Tom-Jelte Slagter (NED)||Cannondale–Garmin|
|2016||Robin Carpenter (USA)||Holowesko Citadel Racing Team||Bauke Mollema (NED)||Trek–Segafredo||Evan Huffman (USA)||Rally Cycling|
|2017||Evan Huffman (USA)||Rally Cycling||Sepp Kuss (USA)||Rally Cycling||Alex Howes (USA)||Cannondale–Drapac|
|Year||Sprints||Mountains||Young rider||Canadian rider||Teams|
|2013||Peter Sagan (SVK)||Tom-Jelte Slagter (NED)||Rohan Dennis (AUS)||Ryan Anderson (CAN)||BMC Racing Team|
|2014||Ramūnas Navardauskas (LTU)||Simon Yates (GBR)||Tom Dumoulin (NED)||Ryan Anderson (CAN)||Garmin–Sharp|
|2015||Michael Matthews (AUS)||Ben Perry (CAN)||Adam Yates (GBR)||Michael Woods (CAN)||Cannondale–Garmin|
|2016||Colin Joyce (USA)||Danilo Celano (ITA)||Colin Joyce (USA)||Alexander Cataford (CAN)||Silber Pro Cycling Team|
|2017||Wouter Wippert (NED)||Alec Cowan (CAN)||Jack Burke (CAN)||Jack Burke (CAN)||Rally Cycling|
- Babin, Tom (2012-12-17). "Tour of Alberta bike race holds a lot of potential | Calgary Herald". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- Ramsay, Caley (2018-02-15). "Tour of Alberta calling it quits due to economic conditions, funding concerns". Global News. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- Cowley, Norm (2013-08-30). "Edmonton's Alex Stieda shifted Tour of Alberta into gear". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2013-09-04.
- The journey to the Tour of Alberta. Official Event Guide. Tour of Alberta. 2013. pp. 10–11.
- Official race jerseys. Official Event Guide. Tour of Alberta. 2013. p. 19.