Tourism Partnership North Wales
Tourism Partnership North Wales (TPNW) is the Regional Tourism Partnership (RTP) serving North Wales. Visit Wales, and part of the National Assembly for Wales initiated the formation of 4 RTPs across Wales to receive devolved resources and responsibilities for many aspects of tourism, marketing and development.
The partners in SWWTP are all the local authorities and a broad spread of tourism, hospitality, and leisure industry representatives from across the Region. SWWTP acts as the lead body supporting tourism throughout North Wales and works closely with Cadw, Tourism Training for Wales and the 6 Local Authorities as well as Snowdonia National Park. The Partnership is the first public or private bodies in Wales to use QR codes on behalf of local businesses and are looking into using AR leyers on smart phones.
The Partnership engages with tourist associations such as Visit Scotland and Visit Britain, consortia and other marketing groups in all areas and sectors of the region – plus local authorities and communities to establish their marketing priorities. A Promotional budget of £1 million is given to the Partnership by the Welsh Government to look after its regions: Conwy, Caernarfon, Wrexham, Llangollen / Dee Valley and Betws-y-Coed.
The Partnership has an accredited scheme for hotels and other businesses called the Green Dragon.
Approach to tourism
The partnership has many specific themes which it supports, e.g., the launch of its golf based website, which increased on-line bookings to £500,000 in 2009-10 which in turn had a very positive effect on the local economy.
- "Welsh Government | Regional tourism partnerships". Wales.gov.uk. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Daily Post Article on TPNW and QR Codes". Daily Post. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "TPNW Website" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Top tourism sites in the county of Conwy could soon have their own special bar code - even Conwy Castle". Trinity Mirror North West & North Wales Limited. 2011-12-29. Retrieved 2012-02-10.
- "What we do at tourism partnership north wales". Tpnw.org. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Green Accreditation Schemes for Tourism Businesses / tourism partnership north wales". Tpnw.org. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Tourism Partnership North Wales - New golf drive is a big hit with USA". Brsgolf.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.