Tourism Bureau in Continental Building
|Formed||September 1960 (as Committee of Tourism)
29 December 1972 (as Tourism Bureau)
|Jurisdiction||Republic of China|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Transportation and Communications|
The Tourism Bureau (Chinese: 觀光局; pinyin: Guānguāng Jú) is the organization under the Ministry of Transportation and Communications of the Republic of China responsible for the administration of domestic and international tourism policy making, execution and development in Taiwan.
The development of tourism industry in Taiwan within the government level began in 1956. In September 1960, a Committee of Tourism was set up within the Ministry of Transportation and Communications with the approval from Executive Yuan. In October 1966, the committee was reorganized as the Tourism Council. On 29 December 1972, the council was finally changed to Tourism Bureau.
- Planning and Research Division
- Hotel, Travel and Training Division
- Technical Division
- International Affairs Division
- Domestic Tourism Division
- Personnel Department
- Anti-corruption Department
- Accounting Department
- Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taoyuan City
- Kaohsiung International Airport, Kaohsiung
- Ministry of Transportation and Communications (Republic of China)
- List of tourist attractions in Taiwan
- Tourism in Taiwan
- "Tourism Bureau, M.O.T.C. Republic of China 【History】". Admin.taiwan.net.tw. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2014-04-22.