Tourism in Moldova
Tourism in the Republic of Moldova focuses on the country's natural landscapes and its history. Wine tours are offered to tourists across the country. Vineyards/cellars include Cricova, Purcari, Ciumai, Romanești, Cojușna, Mileștii Mici. In 2015, Moldova received 2.85 million visitors.
From January 2007, Moldova established a visa-free regime for the United States, Canada, Japan and Switzerland which should facilitate more trips by foreign tourists.
- Căpriana monastery - is one of the oldest monasteries of Moldova, located in Căpriana
- Central Chișinău
- Hâncu monastery
- Muzeul Memoriei Neamului - is a museum in Chişinău dedicated to the victims of the Soviet occupation of Bessarabia and Northern Bukovina, and commemorating anti-communist resistance in the region
- National History Museum of Moldova - is a museum in Central Chişinău
- Noul Neamț Monastery - an all-male Moldovan Orthodox monastery located in Chiţcani
- Old Orhei - historical and archaeological complex, located in Trebujeni
- Saharna Monastery
- Soroca Fort - historic fort in the Republic of Moldova, in the modern-day city of Soroca.
- Muzeul Manuc Bey - is a museum near Chişinău
Most foreign visitors to Moldova in 2015 came from the following countries:
Most tourists (including only those who spent a night in official accommodation) in Moldova in 2015 came from
The main means of transportation in Moldova are railroads 1,138 km (707 mi) and a highway system (12,730 km or 7,910 mi overall, including 10,937 km or 6,796 mi of paved surfaces). The sole international air gateway of Moldova is the Chișinău International Airport. The Giurgiulești terminal on the Danube is compatible with small seagoing vessels. Shipping on the lower Prut and Nistru rivers plays only a modest role in the country's transportation system.
On April 28, 2006, Moldova introduced a new tourism logo and along with the new slogan "Discover us". The new logo consisted of a yellow diamond that views an image of a yellow sun, a green leaf, an orange stone, and a red flower.
A central street from Chisinau
Chisinau in 1889
Chisinau in 1980
Căpriana Monastery founded in 1429
Old Orhei archaeological complex
Central street in Tiraspol
Nistru valley view
Rocky monastery near Tipova