Tourism in Sierra Leone
Tourism in Sierra Leone is an important growing national service industry. Beaches and other natural habitats are the biggest parts of the nation's tourism industry.
According to the International Labour Organisation, approximately 8,000 Sierra Leoneans are employed in the tourism industry, with a growing number of jobs expected to be created in the future. The main entrance point is Freetown International Airport, where transport to and from has been problematic.
The government's ministry, the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Affairs, is headed by Peter Bayuku Konte.
Until March of 2015 there was no single place to view and compare hotels in Sierra Leone. Afrotels now offers the opportunity for guests to view hotels in Sierra Leone, and directly make a reservation via their portal. This is a much needed system that will help guests sort out the current chaotic hotel system in Sierra Leone. Afrotels on its website www.afrotels.com, states that their guests can review hotels all across Africa, make their selection, and then either pay on the website, or pay directly at the hotel. 
- Europa Publications Limited (31 December 2002). Africa South of the Sahara 2003. Psychology Press. p. 934. ISBN 978-1-85743-131-5. Retrieved 22 March 2011.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Sierra Leone.|
- Visit Sierra Leone
- Official Web site of the National Tourist Board of Sierra Leone
- Sierra Leone encyclopedia 2006- Ministry of Tourism and Culture
- Sierra Leone's Okere Adams woos Tourists in London Sierra Leone times, November 17, 2005
- Lush destination opens its doors to visitors once again PMCOMM.com
- Sierra Leone Travel - Africa Tour Operators