Tournament Players Club
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
Tournament Players Club (TPC) is a chain of public and private golf courses operated by the PGA Tour. Most of the courses either are or have been hosts for PGA Tour events, with the remainder having frequently hosted events on the second-tier Web.com Tour or the over-50s Champions Tour.
The flagship Tournament Players Club for the PGA Tour was TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, designed in 1980 and now the headquarters of the PGA Tour. TPC courses are designed to accommodate the large crowds attracted to high profile tournaments. One of the drivers for the development of the chain by the PGA Tour, is that by holding tournaments on its own courses, it avoids sharing the proceeds with external course owners.
In 2007, the PGA Tour reached an agreement with Heritage Golf Group for the sale of four TPC courses; TPC Eagle Trace, TPC Michigan, TPC Piper Glen, and TPC Prestancia. Although they would be owned and operated by Heritage Golf Group, all would retain their TPC branding. In February 2008, TPC Tampa Bay became the fifth course to be bought by Heritage Golf Group. The Tampa Bay course also retained its TPC branding under a licensing agreement.
Tournament Players Clubs
Resort/Daily Fee Courses
- TPC at Baha Mar, Nassau, Bahamas
- TPC Cancún, Cancún, Mexico
- Nick Price Course
- Tom Fazio Course
- TPC Cartagena at Karibana, Cartagena, Colombia
- TPC Deere Run, Silvis, Illinois
- TPC Eagle Trace, Coral Springs, Florida
- TPC Four Seasons Las Colinas, Irving, Texas
- TPC Harding Park, San Francisco, California
- TPC Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
- TPC Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana
- TPC Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- The Old White TPC, Greenbrier County, West Virginia
- TPC San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas
- TPC Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
- THE PLAYERS Stadium Course
- Dye's Valley Course
- TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Stadium Course
- Champions Course
- TPC Stadium Course at PGA West, La Quinta, California
- TPC Tampa Bay, Lutz, Florida
- TPC Boston, Norton, Massachusetts
- TPC Craig Ranch, McKinney, Texas
- TPC Jasna Polana, Princeton, New Jersey
- TPC Michigan, Dearborn, Michigan
- TPC Piper Glen, Charlotte, North Carolina
- TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm, Potomac, Maryland
- TPC Prestancia, Sarasota, Florida
- Stadium Course
- Club Course
- TPC River Highlands, Cromwell, Connecticut
- TPC River's Bend, Cincinnati, Ohio
- TPC Snoqualmie Ridge, Snoqualmie, Washington
- TPC Southwind, Memphis, Tennessee
- TPC Stonebrae, Hayward, California
- TPC Sugarloaf, Duluth, Georgia
- TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada
- TPC Treviso Bay, Naples, Florida
- TPC Twin Cities, Blaine, Minnesota
- TPC Valencia, Valencia, California
- TPC Wakefield Plantation, Raleigh, North Carolina
- "TOUR forms alliance with Heritage Golf Group". PGA Tour. March 1, 2007. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "Ownership of TPC Tampa Bay transitions to Heritage Golf Group". PGA Tour. February 29, 2008. Retrieved 2009-11-14.
- "TPC Network Announces the Grand Opening of TPC Cartagena at Karibana". TPC. Retrieved 2014-11-16.
- "The Greenbrier becomes newest member of TPC Network". PGA Tour. March 28, 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-11.