|Alma mater||Hebrew University|
|Known for||Models and algorithms for web data, semi-structured data and XML, crowd-based data sourcing|
|Awards||Alberto O. Mendelzon Test-of-Time Award, the Weizmann Award and the VLDB Women in Database Research Award|
|Institutions||Tel Aviv University|
|Doctoral advisor||Catriel Beeri|
Tova Milo is a full Professor of Computer Science at Tel Aviv University. She served as the head of the Computer Science Department from 2011-2014. Milo is the head of the data management group in Tel Aviv University, and her research focuses on Web data management. She received her PhD from the Hebrew University in 1992 under the supervision of Catriel Beeri, and was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto and INRIA, France, prior to joining Tel Aviv University.
Milo has co-authored over 200 papers in top database conferences and journals, as well as a book on business processes, with over 9700 citations and H-Index 50 (computed by Google Scholar). Milo is one of the most prolific authors in the premier Symposium on Principles of Database Systems and was the first (and only, as of 2015) woman to be a keynote speaker at this symposium. In 2010, Milo and her co-authors Victor Vianu and Dan Suciu won the Alberto O. Mendelzon Test-of-Time Award for their paper on type checking for XML transformation languages.
Milo has served on the editorial board of top database journals (VLDB journal and TODS) and as the Program Committee Chair of (among others) the Symposium on Principles of Database Systems, the International Conference on Database Theory (ICDT), as well as the VLDB conference. She is a member of the ICDT Council and the VLDB endowment.
In 2012 Milo was elected as a ACM Fellow for her "contributions to database theory and business process management". In 2014 she was elected as a member of the Academy of Europe, Academia Europaea. In 2017 she won the Weizmann Prize for Exact Sciences as well as the VLDB Women in Database Research award.
Milo is featured in the Notable Women in Computing cards.
- "Tova Milo's Homepage". Cs.tau.ac.il. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "ביה"ס למדעי המחשב". www.cs.tau.ac.il.
- "יצירת קשר והגעה". www.cs.tau.ac.il.
- "The Blavatnik School of Computer Science – Tel Aviv University בית ספר למדעי המחשב אוניברסיטת תל אביב". Cs.tau.ac.il. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Tova Milo". Cs.tau.ac.il. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "DBLP: Tova Milo". Informatik.uni-trier.de. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Tova Milo - Google Scholar Citations". Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Who are we — ACM SIGMOD Official Website". Sigmod.org. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "PODS Keynote Speakers — ACM SIGMOD Official Website". Sigmod.org. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "ACM PODS Alberto O. Mendelzon Test-of-Time Award – SIGMOD Website". www.sigmod.org.
- "Editorial Board". Vldb.org. 2009-07-18. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "ACM Transactions on Database Systems On-line - Editorial Board". Tods.acm.org. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "ICDT: the International Conference on Database Theory". Icdt.tu-dortmund.de. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Umleitung ICDT Website". icdt.tu-dortmund.de.
- "VLDB Endowment Inc". Vldb.org. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Academia Europaea".
- "Notable Women in Computing".