|Release date(s)||August 1, 2007|
Tower Bloxx is a strategy/puzzle mobile video game developed by Digital Chocolate. The game features two types of gameplay, "Build city" and "Quick game". The "Quick game" is a kind of endless mode, as exists in many puzzle games.
The objective of the "Build city" game mode is to build a city with as many inhabitants as possible, building various types of towers: Residential (blue), Commercial (red), Office (green), and Luxury (yellow). The number of people that can potentially inhabit any given building is based on the skill of the player through a "building minigame." The more precisely the player can stack the parts of the building, the higher the number of people that can inhabit the building.
The higher population the city gets, the higher "City level" the city will have, at a maximum of 20. Also, each "City level" has its own name (e.g. Town, City, Metropolis). When the player achieves the defined population by placing a new building, he or she will be notified by a popup window. During some "City level" achievements, the player will unlock the feature to get buildings with "bonus roofs" when he or she builds a building of a certain type, with a minimum of a special house population (before placing the roof).
In the highscore, the highest score (population) of "Build city" games is stored.
- Blue buildings can be built anywhere, but have the lowest population potential.
- Red buildings have the second lowest population potential, but must be built adjacent to a blue building.
- Green buildings have the second highest population potential, but must be built adjacent to both a red and a blue building
- Yellow buildings have the highest population potential, but must be built adjacent to a red, blue and green building
The "Quick game" mode is a kind of endless mode, where the player plays the "building minigame" without any limit on the number of blocks one could place. During the game, the background starts at ground (as in the Build city mode), but gradually reaches higher and higher in air, and if you build far enough, you will pass the moon and other planets as well.
Highscore is stored for the top three best quick games, and this highscore also shows the number of building blocks placed in those games.
- In August 2007 Digital Chocolate released a Flash version of the game.
- A special editions of Tower Bloxx, known as Santa's Tower Bloxx  and 3D Santa's Tower Bloxx were also released.
- Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D was released February 2008.
- PC-version of Tower Bloxx Deluxe was released June 2008.
- City Bloxx is an identical version of the game release on the mobile platform. It is bundled for some models of Nokia phones such as Nokia 3600, 5300, 5310, 5700 and so on.
- A Xbox Live Arcade version for the Xbox 360 titled Tower Bloxx Deluxe was released on October 21, 2009.
- Tower Bloxx: New York was released on January 4, 2011 for the Windows Phone 7.
- Tower Bloxx Deluxe was released on May 1, 2012 for the Tablet.