Tower Plaza (Ann Arbor, Michigan)
Tower Plaza is the tallest building in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is located at 555 East William Street. The high-rise was first proposed in 1965, then constructed in 1969. It stands at 26 stories. The antenna stands at 292 feet tall and the roof is 267 feet (81 m) tall. It was designed in the international style of architecture, primarily using concrete and glass. Originally a residential apartment building, it was converted to individually-owned condominiums in 1987. Tower Plaza also has the most buttons of any elevator in Ann Arbor.
Tower Plaza is the tallest building in Ann Arbor. (The next-highest building is University Towers, at 18 stories.) Its height proved controversial and motivated the city to adopt a height limit soon after its construction. It presents a solid face on the west side, and a narrow column of windows in the center of the east side.
- "50 years later, 26-story Tower Plaza still Ann Arbor's tallest building". mlive. 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- "See historical and current views from Ann Arbor's tallest building". mlive. 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2020-04-06.
- Google Maps location of Tower Plaza
- Tower Plaza at Emporis
- "Tower Plaza". SkyscraperPage.
- Ann Arbor Tower Plaza Condominium