Town Close School
|DfE URN||121237 Tables|
|Website||Town Close School|
Town Close School is an independent school in the English county of Norfolk in Great Britain. The heart of the School is two large town houses, one early Georgian and the other mid-Victorian. Purpose-built classrooms have been added in recent years along with an indoor heated swimming pool and a state of the art sports hall, attracting national attention. In more recent times they have bought an Astro-turf pitch with the Hewitt school. 
The school has attained notable sporting success, with pupil Abby Gooderham becoming the under-12 girls’ national javelin champion in July 2011, and pupils Thomas Huckerby and Ben Dugdale also being placed in the National Prep Schools Athletics Championships, held at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham.
The school has a playing field situated further out from the city on the Newmarket Road. Norwich City Football Club played at this Newmarket Road site from 1902 to 1908, with a record attendance of 10,366 against Sheffield Wednesday in a second round FA Cup match in 1908. Following a dispute over the conditions of renting the Newmarket Road ground, in 1908, the club moved to a new home, in a converted disused chalk pit in Rosary Road which became known as "The Nest".
Notable former pupils
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (November 2015)|
- Richard Alexander - England hockey international
- Brian Perry - veterinary surgeon and epidemiologist
- Town Close prep school, Norwich by LSI Architects
- Town Close school's new sports hall complements the existing structure in UK
- Norwich’s Town Close pupils take national athletics honours
- "Norwich City grounds - 1. Newmarket Road". Eastern Daily Press. Archived from the original on 5 May 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- "Norwich City grounds - 2. The Nest". Eastern Daily Press. Archived from the original on 5 May 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2007.
- Norwich’s newest hockey facilities are fit for Olympian Richard Alexander
- http://www.townclose.com/school_pages/Full%20Inspection%20Report.pdf - ISI Inspection Report, 2005