The logo of Townhall
Type of site
|News and opinion website, magazine|
|Owner||Salem Media Group|
|Registration||Optional, required to comment|
|Launched||March 2, 1995|
Townhall is an American politically conservative website and print magazine. Previously published by the Heritage Foundation, it is now owned and operated by Salem Communications. The website features more than 80 columns (both syndicated and exclusive) by a variety of writers and commentators, who often appear as guest commentators on C-SPAN, MSNBC, CNN, and the Fox News Channel.
In May 2006, Salem Communications acquired Townhall.com and relaunched the site with the addition of podcasts of Salem's network and local talk shows, blogs run by Salem talk show hosts and the ability for any user to set up a blog on the Townhall.com network. The website provides an extensive selection of opinion columns and news items presented from a conservative viewpoint.
In January 2008, TownHall.com launched Townhall Magazine, a monthly conservative news magazine. In addition to exclusive content for the magazine, Townhall Magazine carries contributions from Townhall.com readers.
In February 2011, TownHall.com re-launched TownhallFinance.com, a daily financial and investment site dedicated to conservative financial commentary. The site is edited by John Ransom, who also writes a daily column on Washington and Wall Street. Additionally the site carries financial commentary from CNBC's Larry Kudlow, Fox Business Network analyst Charles Payne and Cato Institute economist Daniel J. Mitchell.
Townhall.com features more than 80 columns (both syndicated and exclusive) by a variety of writers. such as Jack Bouroudjian, Dennis Prager, Neal Boortz, Ann Coulter, Dinesh D'Souza, Larry Elder, Susan Stamper Brown Pat Buchanan, Jonah Goldberg, Rebecca Hagelin, John Hawkins, Paul Jacob, Paul Kengor, David Limbaugh, Katie Pavlich, Michael Savage, Michelle Malkin, Michael Reagan, Thomas Sowell, Jacob Sullum, Mike Adams, Matt Lewis, Amanda Carpenter, Fred Thompson, Jeb Bush, Lisa De Pasquale, Bruce Bialosky, Cal Thomas, and Walter E. Williams. It also publishes news from the Associated Press and provides 5 minutes of radio news detailing stories from around the world every hour for 24 hours a day. Its columnists often appear as guest commentators on C-SPAN, MSNBC, CNN, and the Fox News Channel.
- "TownHall.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Breaking News – Latest World, US, Science, Entertainment, Election, Technology News and Current Events". Townhall. Retrieved 2016-05-15.
- "Salem Communications to Acquire Townhall.com; Salem Expands News Talk Radio Platform into New Media with Addition of Leading Conservative Opinion Website.", The Free Library, 2014. Retrieved on 04 March 2015.
- Andrew Romano, "The Right: The Next Big Thing?", Newsweek, July 2, 2006.
- Stephen Koff, "Republican presidential candidates talk to these conservative media outlets. Here's why." The Plain Dealer, June 1, 2015.
- Townhall Magazine, "premier issue", January 2008.