The logo of Townhall
Type of site
|News and opinion website, magazine, radio news service|
|Owner||Salem Media Group|
|Registration||Optional, required to comment|
|Launched||March 2, 1995|
Townhall is an American politically conservative website, print magazine and radio news service. Previously published by the Heritage Foundation, it is now owned and operated by Salem Communications. The website features more than 80 columns (both syndicated and exclusive) by a variety of writers and commentators, who often appear as guest commentators on the Fox News Channel. The website also publishes news articles from the Associated Press.
Townhall also provides five minute radio newscasts around the clock, detailing national and world news items. These newscasts air at the beginning of each hour on many Salem-owned radio stations and on Salem Radio Network affiliates, as well as on Sirius XM Patriot Channel 125.
In May 2006, Salem Communications acquired Townhall.com and relaunched the site with the addition of podcasts of Salem's network and local talk shows, blogs run by Salem talk show hosts and the ability for any user to set up a blog on the Townhall.com network. The website provides an extensive selection of opinion columns and news items presented from a conservative viewpoint.
In January 2008, Townhall.com launched Townhall Magazine, a monthly conservative news magazine. In addition to exclusive content for the magazine, Townhall Magazine carries contributions from Townhall.com readers.
In February 2011, Townhall.com re-launched TownhallFinance.com, a daily financial and investment site dedicated to conservative financial commentary, under the editorship of John Ransom. In 2018, Jerry Bowyer became editor of the site. It carries commentary from Ransom and Fox Business Network analyst Charles Payne, and carried CNBC's Larry Kudlow before Kudlow went on leave to become head of the President's Council of Economic Advisors.
- "TownHall.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved April 28, 2016.
- "Breaking News – Latest World, US, Science, Entertainment, Election, Technology News and Current Events". Townhall. Retrieved May 15, 2016.
- "Salem Communications to Acquire Townhall.com; Salem Expands News Talk Radio Platform into New Media with Addition of Leading Conservative Opinion Website.", The Free Library, 2014. Retrieved on March 4, 2015.
- Andrew Romano, "The Right: The Next Big Thing?", Newsweek, July 2, 2006.
- Stephen Koff, "Republican presidential candidates talk to these conservative media outlets. Here's why." The Plain Dealer, June 1, 2015.
- Townhall Magazine, "premier issue", January 2008.
- "Conservative Columnists with Political News Commentary, Analysis". Townhall. Retrieved December 22, 2018.