Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up townie or towny in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Townie, eponym of a resident of a town
Townie may refer to:
- Towney Lock, Berkshire, nicknamed "Townie"
- Townie, as in town and gown, a term commonly used in university towns to refer to residents not affiliated with the university or to fraternity or sorority members who live outside the fraternity building (e.g., in dormitories or apartments), versus residents affiliated with the university or to fraternity/sorority members living on campus
- Townie, an urban youth without the anti-social behavior associated with that term
- Townie, a slang term for a resident of St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador or surrounding communities in Canada, as opposed to a "Bayman" who hails from more rural areas.
- Townie, a term used in the Greater Boston area to denote anyone who is a lifelong resident of a specific town, city, or neighborhood
Arts, entertainment, and media
- "The Townie", Gossip Girl episode
- Townie: A Memoir, an autobiography by Andre Dubus III
- Townies, 1996 American situation comedy
- Townie, the mascot for East Providence High School
- The Townies, the nickname of Eastbourne Town F.C.
- Townie, a type of bicycle
- Townie handlebars of bicycles
- Mitsubishi Towny car
- A cab company in Chapel Hill, NC. Townie Transportation.
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Townie.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.