From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up townie or towny in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Townie, eponym of a resident of a town
Townie may refer to:
- Townie, a term commonly used in university towns to refer to residents not affiliated with the university
- It can also refer to a fraternity member who lives outside the fraternity building; e.g., in the college dorms or an apartment.
- Townie, an urban youth or a form of Chav, but without the anti-social behavior associated with that term
- Townie, a type of bicycle
- Townie handlebars of bicycles
- Townie is the mascot for East Providence High School
- Townie is also a slang term for a resident of St John's or surrounding communities in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador in Canada, as opposed to a "Bayman" who hails from more rural areas.
- Townie, a lifelong resident of Charlestown, Boston, Massachusetts. It is also used in the Greater Boston area to denote anyone who is a lifelong resident of a specific town, city, or neighborhood.
- "The Townie", Gossip Girl episode
- Townies, 1996 American situation comedy
- Mitsubishi Towny car
- Towney Lock, Berkshire
- Townie: A Memoir, an autobiography by Andre Dubus III
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Townie.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.