Township High School District 211
|Township High School District 211|
|1750 S Roselle Rd|
|Motto||Extraordinary Opportunities. Innovative Teaching. Exceptional Learning.|
|Superintendent||Dr. Daniel Cates|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Budget||$263 million (2016-2017)|
|Students and staff|
|Athletic conference||Mid-Suburban League|
Township High School District 211 is a school district located in Cook County, Illinois, and is the largest high school district in Illinois. District 211 serves the communities of Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Palatine, and Schaumburg, and portions of Arlington Heights, Elk Grove, Hanover Park, Roselle, Rolling Meadows, Streamwood, and South Barrington in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
|School||Town||Team Name||Colors||IHSA Classes (2/3/4)||Reference|
|Conant High School||Hoffman Estates||Cougars||AA/3A/4A|||
|Fremd High School||Palatine||Vikings||AA/3A/4A|||
|Hoffman Estates High School||Hoffman Estates||Hawks||AA/3A/4A|||
|Palatine High School||Palatine||Pirates||AA/3A/4A|||
|Schaumburg High School||Schaumburg||Saxons||AA/3A/4A|||
Special Education schools
- District 211 Academy-North
- Higgins Education Center
Each school is accredited by the North Central Association and has earned full recognition status by the Illinois Superintendent of Public Instruction. All five high schools have received the United States Department of Education’s Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award, and Palatine has been recognized twice.
Palatine High School was one of only 10 schools nationally to be named a “New American High School” by the U.S. Department of Education in 2000. Three schools – Palatine, William Fremd, and Schaumburg High Schools – were named among the “Top 99” high schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
D211 carries a curriculum of more than 390 courses, a six-week summer school, and Advanced Placement opportunities in 23 subjects. They also offer more than 45 dual credit courses with local colleges, including Harper College, Triton College, and College of DuPage, as well as with the University of Illinois.
High School District 211 was named among the elite school districts in Illinois by Expansion Management magazine, a publication for corporate re-location, in 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005, and again in 2007.
On November 2, 2015, the New York Times reported that the federal government determined that District 211 violated anti-discrimination laws because "it did not allow a transgender student who identifies as a girl and participates on a girls’ sports team to change and shower in the girls’ locker room without restrictions." The New York Times added that the student in question "identifies as female but was born male."
Feeder school districts
- Schaumburg Community Consolidated School District 54
- Palatine Community Consolidated School District 15
- The teacher ratio is calculated by taking the ratio of the total student enrollment in the fall to the number of full-time equivalent teachers in the district, excluding special education teachers. Discrepancies may therefore arise between the ratio yielded by simply dividing the number of students by the number of teachers.
- "Profile 2015" (PDF). Retrieved 11 October 2015.
- "Illinois School Report Card 2018" (PDF). Illinois State Board of Education. 2018. Retrieved 8 June 2019.
- "Hoffman Estates (Conant)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 1 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- "Palatine (Fremd)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 1 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- "Hoffman Estates (H.S.)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 1 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- "Palatine (H.S.)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 1 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.
- "Schaumburg (H.S.)". Illinois High School Association (IHSA). 1 April 2010. Retrieved 23 April 2010.