Toxic Holocaust performing in Saint Petersburg, 2014.
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Associated acts||Municipal Waste, Zeke, Rammer, Barbatos, Tiger Junkies|
|Members||Joel Grind |
|Past members||Al Positions |
Joel Grind founded Toxic Holocaust in 1999. He originally wrote and recorded all of the band's music himself, and after a couple of demo releases (Radiation Sickness, 1999; Critical Mass, 2002), he made his official full-length album debut as Toxic Holocaust with Evil Never Dies (2003). Two years later, after some touring with a hired backing band, Grind released the second Toxic Holocaust album, Hell on Earth (2005), which once again he wrote and recorded by himself. The album notably features cover art by Ed Repka, known for having created iconic covers for albums by Megadeth, Death and others. Extensive touring followed, along with a recording contract with Relapse Records. In addition to releasing the third Toxic Holocaust album, An Overdose of Death... (2008), Relapse reissued Evil Never Dies and Hell on Earth. Toxic Holocaust also recorded and released a number of other recordings: Gravelord (2009, EP), Conjure and Command (2011), and Chemistry of Consciousness (2013).
- Current members
- Joel Grind - lead vocals (1999–present), bass (1999–2008, 2015–present), guitars (1999–2015), drums (1999–2008)
- Tyler Becker - drums (2018–present)
- Robert Gray - guitars, backing vocals (2019–present)
- Touring musicians
- Charlie Bellmore - guitars, backing vocals (2015–2018)
- Past members
- Al Positions - drums (2008–2009)
- Phil Zeller - bass, backing vocals (2008–2015)
- Nick Bellmore - drums (2009–2018)
- Eric Eisenhauer - guitars, backing vocals (2018–2019)
- Studio albums
- Evil Never Dies (2003)
- Hell on Earth (2005)
- An Overdose of Death... (2008)
- Conjure and Command (2011)
- Chemistry of Consciousness (2013)
- Primal Future: 2019 (2019)
- Death Master (2003, EP Gloom Records)
- Power from Hell (2004, EP)
- Reaper's Grave (2006, EP Gloom Records)
- Gravelord (2009, EP)
- Radiation Sickness (1999, Demo)
- Critical Mass (2002, Demo)
- Promo 2004 (2004, Demo)
- Demo 2007 (2008, Demo)
- Live and video albums
- Toxic Holocaust / Oprichniki (2001, Split CD)
- Implements of Mass Destruction / Nuclear Apocalypse:666 (2002, Split CD)
- Outbreak of Evil (2004, Split CD)
- Thrashbeast from Hell (2004, Split Tape)
- Blasphemy, Mayhem, War (2005, Split CD)
- Don't Burn the Witch... (2006, Split 10")
- Speed n' Spikes Volume 1 (2008, Split 7")
- Toxic Holocaust / Inepsy (2010, Split 12")
- Toxic Holocaust / Midnight (2011 Split 7" to benefit the Japanese Tsunami victims)
- Toxic Waste (with Municipal Waste) (2012, Split 12")
- Thrashing Like a Maniac (2007, CD)
- In the Sign of Sodom - Sodomaniac Tribute (2008, 12")
- Power Trip - Nightmare Logic (2017, CD) [Mastering]
- "Wild Dogs"
- "Nuke the Cross"
- "Lord of the Wasteland"
- "Judgement Awaits"
- "Agony of the Damned"
- "Acid Fuzz"
- Schreurs, Jason (October 30, 2013). "Toxic Holocaust's Joel Grind Talks 'Chemistry of Consciousness,' Shaking "Thrash Revival" Tag". Exclaim!. Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- "TOXIC HOLOCAUST Announces Primal Future: 2019 With New Song "Chemical Warlords"". Metal Injection. August 13, 2019. Retrieved August 13, 2019.