This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2010)
|Founded||Milan, Italy (2006 )|
|Owner||ILP III Sca Sicar - J. Hirsch & Co.|
ToyWatch began developing in 2006 with the launch of the first collection. During the same year, ToyWatch established its American subsidiary, ToyWatch USA. A second subsidiary has later been opened in Hong Kong.
In 2011 ToyWatch opened shareholding to the ILP III private equity fund managed by J. Hirsch & Co. who held a share of 49%. As of March 2013, the ILP III private equity fund holds the entire share capital of ToyWatch.
In 2015 the company's products are sold in more than 2,000 stores and in 26 boutiques (11 flagship stores and 15 franchise stores) spread all over the world. Flagship stores can be found, in Italy, in Milan, Rome, Florence, Venice, Porto Cervo and Forte dei Marmi. Some other boutiques are located in cities as London, Paris, Lahore Cannes, Puerto Banus and Kuala Lumpur.
The company was originally known for producing colorful watches made from plastic. The company today produces watches from a variety of materials including plastic, polycarbonate, plasteramic, aluminum, and steel, and incorporates other materials such as Swarovski elements,[clarification needed] silicon, ceramic, gold and diamonds.
- 2006: Total Stones
- 2007: Skull
- 2008: Fluo, Ceramica, Kris
- 2009: Skeleton, Heavy Metal
- 2010: J-Looped
- 2011: Velvety
- 2012: Metallic Aluminum, Maya
- 2013: ToyMrHyde
- 2015: Maya Natural Stones
Collections available at the beginning of 2015 (in alphabetical order):
- Cruise Graffiti
- Maya Chrono
- Maya Natural Stones
- Metallic Collection
- Total Stones
- ToyCruise Metal
- Vintage Collection
- "Toywatch - ToyWatch Shop". Archived from the original on 2015-03-15. Retrieved 2015-03-23.
- "Il fondo ILP III acquisisce il 49% di ToyWatch - Pambianconews notizie e aggiornamenti moda, lusso e made in Italy". 22 July 2011.
- "ToyWatch passa al Fondo Ilp III. In vista jv per l'Asia - Pambianconews notizie e aggiornamenti moda, lusso e made in Italy". 24 September 2013.
- "Toywatch, gli orologi amati da Michelle Obama volano a Firenze". 10 December 2013.
- "Italian designer brand Toy Watch opens its first standalone boutique in Pakistan". Fashion Central Blog. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2021-07-11.
- "Oprah's Favorite Things 2007".
- "Win Day 3 of Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways! | EllenTV.com". www.ellentv.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02.