Toy Museum (Melaka)
|Location||Penghulu Abbas Street, Bukit Baru, Melaka, Malaysia|
2009 (original location)|
October 2011 (current location)
The museum was originally established along Jonker Walk in 2009. However, due to its less strategic location at the back of a building and high rental cost, the museum was then moved to its current location in a single-story bungalow building at Bukit Baru in October 2011.
The museum displays contemporary movie toy figures and old vintage toys. Over 10,000 objects are included from franchises such as Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Lord of the Rings, Batman, X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Bruce Lee, Looney Tunes, The Smurfs, Godzilla, Ultraman, Hamtaro, Pokémon, and Doraemon. While some of the toys were purchased directly from local stores in Melaka and Kuala Lumpur, others were bought online or donated by visitors.
The museum opens everyday except Monday from 11.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. on Saturdays and 2.00 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the other days.
- Georgies. "Melaka Toy Museum". melakatoymuseum.blogspot.com.
- "Toy Museum Melaka". AmazingMelaka.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-14. Retrieved 2015-07-11.
- "myMetro - Muzium 10,000 barang mainan". hmetro.com.my.
- Beck, Eddie (13 December 2013). "Toy story in a museum". Free Malaysia Today News. MToday News Sdn. Bhd. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "Toy Museum: Home to loved playthings", The Brunei Times, 10 March 2012, archived from the original on 2015-07-12, retrieved 12 July 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toy Museum (Melaka).|
|This article related to a museum in Malaysia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|