Toy Soldiers: War Chest
|Toy Soldiers: War Chest|
|Release||August 11, 2015|
Toy Soldiers: War Chest is an action/strategy video game developed by Signal Studios and published by Ubisoft. The game was released on August 11, 2015, for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Toy Soldiers: War Chest is similar to the previous games where players prevent enemy units from reaching the toybox by building and upgrading turrets. In War Chest, turrets can be improved by upgrading armor, fire rate and damage separately. The enemy AI is improved as well. For example, destroying a bridge will cause ground units to take a different path to the toybox. Certain units have the ability to heal nearby units and some will focus on destroying any placed turrets.
Barrages and playable units from Toy Soldiers: Cold War returns with a few changes. Instead of earning killstreaks or destroying a specially marked enemy unit, the game uses a bar that fills up when killing enemy units. When the bar is filled to a certain amount, a special ability can used to call in barrages or spawn a hero unit such as a zeppelin that performs a bombing run.
The game features 4 highly customizable armies (8 in Hall of Fame Edition). Players can choose which turrets to deploy, barrages and modify the hero's arsenal. As the game progresses, new customization options will become available
War Chest comes in two versions: Standard and Hall of Fame Edition. The Standard version is digital while the Hall of Fame Edition is available on disc except for the PC version which is all digital. The standard version features four playable armies; in addition to Kaiser from the original game, War Chest also includes three new original armies, namely Phantom, StarBright and Dark Lord.
The Hall of Fame Edition features four additional licensed armies based on fictional characters. This includes Duke and Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe, Ezio Auditore da Firenze from Assassin's Creed and He-Man from Masters of the Universe. The characters can be purchased separately or as a bundle on the standard version.
- Greening, Chris (16 August 2014). "Kevin Riepl writes diverse score for Toy Soldiers: War Chest". Game Music Online. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Steam 上的 Toy Soldiers: War Chest" (in Chinese and English). Steam. Retrieved 2016-10-19.
- Matulef, Jeffrey (11 August 2014). "Toy Soldiers: War Chest announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC". Eurogamer. Gamer Network Ltd. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Tyrrel, Brandin (13 August 2014). "Bubble guns, rainbow pegasi, purple teddy bears … Toy Soldiers: War Chest unleashes the toy box". VentureBeat. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Farokhmanesh, Megan (11 August 2014). "Toy Soldiers: War Chest heading to PS4, PC and Xbox One next year". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Wilde, Tyler (11 August 2014). "Ubisoft announces Toy Soldiers: War Chest, teddy bears to shoot death rainbows". PC Gamer. Future plc. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Phillips, Tom (20 August 2014). "Video: Head into battle with Toy Soldiers: War Chest gameplay". Eurogamer. Gamer Network Ltd. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- "Toy Soldiers: War Chest for Xbox One reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- "Toy Soldiers: War Chest for PlayStation 4 reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved October 18, 2018.