Toy Story Mania! (video game)
|Toy Story Mania!|
North American boxart
|Developer(s)||Papaya Studio (Wii/PC), High Voltage Software (PS3/360)|
|Publisher(s)||Disney Interactive Studios Activision|
|Platform(s)||iOS, Wii, Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3|
Toy Story Mania! is a video game published by Disney Interactive Studios and developed by Papaya Studio for the Wii and PC versions and High Voltage Software for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. The game is based on the Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction located at Disney's California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios, which was inspired by the Toy Story movie series produced by Pixar, and features single-player and multi-player shooting-gallery style gameplay. The game was released on August 14, 2009 for iOS, on September 15, 2009 for the Wii console, on April 9, 2010 for PC, and on October 30, 2012 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It was packaged with a Ray Gun peripheral on its European release. The game has also been released as a Plug n Play device in early 2010.
Included in each game are two pairs of 3D glasses. These can be used in six 3D shooting galleries.
In the Midway Mania! attraction, riders play a series of carnival games hosted by characters from the film series, such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody, by shooting various targets at each "game booth". For example, in one game, riders toss "rings" onto Little Green Men in a game hosted by Buzz Lightyear.
The video game version has levels based on those used in the theme park attractions, as well as original levels based on other characters and scenes in the film series. The theme park attraction features two riders playing on the same screen, while the video game version will allow up to four players to play at the same time either competitively or cooperatively.
Reviews range from mixed to negative. GameRankings and Metacritic gave it a score of 67.50% for the iOS version; 55.36% and 49 out of 100 for the Wii version; 49 out of 100 for the PlayStation 3 version; and 31% and 33 out of 100 for the Xbox 360 version.
- "Toy Story Mania! Release Information for iOS (iPhone/iPad)". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Disney Interactive Studios Announces Toy Story Mania!, Inspired by the Disney/Pixar Feature Film "Toy Story," Exclusively for Wii". Business Wire. 2009-03-24. Retrieved 2009-04-05.
- "Disney/Pixar Toy Story Mania!". GameSpot. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Laddin, Josh (2010-01-25). "Toy Story Mania! Review (Wii)". Game Revolution. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Grisham, Richard (2009-09-30). "Toy Story Mania! review (Wii)". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Bedigian, Louis (2009-09-13). "Toy Story Mania! - WII - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2009-09-22. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Thomas, Lucas M. (2009-10-26). "Toy Story Mania Review (Wii)". IGN. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Hernandez, Pedro (2009-11-17). "Toy Story Mania". Nintendo World Report. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Rositano, Joseph (2009-11-05). "Toy Story Mania Review - Nintendo Wii Video Game Review". PALGN. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Martin, Liam (2012-12-03). "'Toy Story Mania' review (Xbox 360): Lacking in every department". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Toy Story Mania! for iOS (iPhone/iPad)". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Toy Story Mania! for Wii". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Toy Story Mania for Xbox 360". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Toy Story Mania! for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Disney/Pixar Toy Story Mania! Critic Reviews for Wii". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- "Toy Story Mania! for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-03-20.