The south side of Toyama Station in December 2016
|Location||1-227 Meirinchō, Toyama-shi, Toyama-ken|
|Opened||20 March 1899|
Dentetsu-Toyama Station (電鉄富山駅 Dentetsu-Toyama-eki), the local railway terminal that provides access to nearby towns (Funahashi, Kamiichi, Tateyama, etc.) as well as access to Tateyama Station (the starting point of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route) via Toyama Chihō Railway is next to JR Toyama Station.
Toyama Station is served by the following lines.
- JR West
- Ainokaze Toyama Railway
- Toyama Chihō Railway
- Toyama City Tram Line (Toyama-Ekimae Station)
- Toyama Light Rail
- Toyama-Kō Line (Toyamaeki-Kita Station)
Dentetsu Toyama Station, next to the main JR Toyama Station, is served by the following lines.
Dentetsu Toyama station is the starting point of the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route to Murodō Station, Mount Tate, and Kurobe Dam. It is located directly next to the main Toyama Station, and has the local Toyama Chihō Railway Tateyama Line that goes through the towns of Funahashi, Kamiichi, and Tateyama, and ultimately reaches as far as Tateyama Station, the last stop.
The station has a "Midori no Madoguchi" staffed ticket office.
|Takayama Main Line|
|Ainokaze Toyama Railway Line|
|Toyama Chihō Railway Main Line|
|Terminus||Limited Express "Unazuki"||Terada|
|Toyama-Shinai Kidō Line|
From 14 March 2015, the station was served by the high-speed Hokuriku Shinkansen following the opening of the extension from Nagano to Kanazawa, providing direct services between Tokyo and Kanazawa.
Kitaguchi Entrance (north side)
- Canal Park
Minamiguchi Entrance (south side)
- Toyama Castle
- Museum of Modern Art, Toyama
- Toyama International Conference Center
- Koshino Bungakukan/Toyama Museum of Literature and Manga
- 北陸新幹線 発車メロディの決定について [Departure melodies chosen for Hokuriku Shinkansen]. News release (in Japanese). Japan: West Japan Railway Company. 9 December 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-12-10. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 139. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- 北陸新幹線、来年３月１４日開業 東京―金沢２時間半 [Hokuriku Shinkansen to open 14 March next year: Tokyo - Kanazawa in two and a half hours]. Tokyo Shimbun Web (in Japanese). Japan: Chunichi Shimbun. 27 August 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-08-27. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyama Station.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dentetsu-Toyama Station.|
- Toyama Station (JR West official page) (in Japanese)
- Toyama Chiho Railway official website (in Japanese)
- Toyama Light Rail official website (in Japanese)