This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Toyota C-HR (AX10)|
2017 Toyota C-HR Koba (NGX10; pre-facelift, Australia)
|Also called||Toyota IZOA (China, FAW-Toyota)|
|Production||November 2016 – present|
|Model years||2018–present (North America)|
|Designer||Kazuhiko Isawa (chief designer)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Subcompact crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Electric motor||150 kW (201 hp; 204 PS) 4KM synchronous (C-HR/IZOA EV)|
|Hybrid drivetrain||Power-split hybrid (C-HR Hybrid)|
|Battery||54.3 kW·h lithium-ion (C-HR/IZOA EV)|
|Plug-in charging||6.6 kW AC, 50 kW DC (C-HR/IZOA EV)|
|Wheelbase||2,640 mm (103.9 in)|
|Length||4,360–4,385 mm (171.7–172.6 in)|
|Width||1,795 mm (70.7 in)|
|Height||1,565 mm (61.6 in)|
|Curb weight||1,380–1,460 kg (3,042–3,219 lb)|
|Predecessor||Toyota Ist/Urban Cruiser/Scion xD (Japan/Europe/US)|
The Toyota C-HR (Japanese: トヨタ C-HR, Hepburn: Toyota Shīeichiāru) is a subcompact crossover SUV produced by Toyota. The development of the car began in 2013 that was led by Toyota chief engineer Hiroyuki Koba. The production version of the C-HR was unveiled at the March 2016 Geneva Motor Show and started production in November 2016. It was launched in Japan on 14 December 2016. It went on sale in Europe, Australia, South Africa and North America in early 2017, and in Southeast Asia, China and Taiwan in 2018. The name C-HR stands for Compact High Rider, Cross Hatch Run–about or Coupé High–Rider.
Initial production was in Japan and Turkey. The 2018–2020 model year North American-spec C-HR are imported from Turkey.
In Japan, the C-HR is sold at all Toyota dealership sales channels (Toyota Store, Toyopet Store, Corolla Store and Netz). The Japanese market C-HR is powered by either 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine, or 1.8-litre Hybrid. The FWD models are available with both engines, while the only motor for the AWD models is 1.2-litre turbo. Model grades are S, S-LED, G, S-T and G-T. Models S, S-LED, G are powered with a 1.2-litre turbo engine, while other models by a 1.8-litre Hybrid. LED Package is exclusive for the G and S-LED packages.
The Thai-built C-HR with 1.8-litre 2ZR-FBE engine is sold in certain Asian countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. The ASEAN production version was unveiled in Thailand on November 30, 2017 at the 34th Thailand International Motor Expo. For the Indonesian market, the C-HR was launched on April 10, 2018. The Hybrid version was also displayed in Indonesia at the 2017 and 2018 Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Shows, and went on sale on April 22, 2019.
In Brunei, the C-HR is offered in the mid and high grade models with petrol engine, and a Hybrid model.
For Singapore and Taiwan, the C-HR is only offered with 1.2-litre 8NR-FTS petrol engine. Singapore only gets the FWD model in Active and Luxury grades. Buyers in Taiwan can choose the FWD and AWD models.
For the Chinese market, the C-HR is sold by GAC Toyota, while the model sold by FAW Toyota is called the IZOA (奕泽 Yìzé). The IZOA features a front bumper grille with horizontal lines instead of mesh on the C-HR. Both the C-HR and IZOA were revealed at the Auto Guangzhou in November 2017 and went on sale in April 2018. The electric vehicle (EV) variant of both the C-HR and IZOA were unveiled at the 18th Auto Shanghai on April 16, 2019 as the first battery electric vehicle in Toyota's upcoming lineup.
The C-HR EV went on sale in China in April 2020. The electric motor produces 150 kW (201 hp; 204 PS) and 300 N⋅m (220 lb⋅ft) of torque. The 54.3 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is claimed to deliver a range of up to 400 km (248 mi) as per NEDC.
Similar to Japan, the C-HR for Europe can be purchased with either 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol, or 1.8-litre Hybrid. 6-speed manual transmission is only installed in the front-wheel-drive 1.2-litre turbo. The sole gearbox for the 1.2-litre turbo AWD and 1.8-litre Hybrid is CVT.
Trim levels vary across countries. In the UK, they are Icon, Design, Excel and Dynamic. For the French market, there are even more marketing name variations such as Active, Dynamic, Edition, Graphic, Distinctive and Collection. They are basically similar cars with different standard or optional equipment.
For the Australian market, the C-HR is only offered with the 1.2-litre, 8NR-FTS turbo motor. The base model is available in manual transmission as a FWD only, automatic transmission models may be FWD or AWD. The high level Koba model is available in both FWD and AWD variants. The gearbox for the base model is a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or CVT with 7-speed simulated gear. The Koba comes with CVT only, and is equipped with LED headlights, leather seats, heated front seats, and smart entry and start system.
Unique for the North American C-HR is the bigger 2.0-litre 3ZR-FAE naturally aspirated petrol engine which is matched to a CVT gearbox. In North America, it was originally planned to be sold as a Scion before that marque was discontinued. The 2018 model year was only available in either the XLE or XLE Premium model. For the 2019 model year, the C-HR is available in LE, XLE or Limited models.
The facelifted C-HR was unveiled in Europe, Australia and North America on 1 October 2019. Along with a new hybrid engine for Europe, it received updated exterior styling including new color options. Android Auto is now standard with a slight increase in price overall. Sales of the facelifted C-HR began in Japan on 18 October 2019, along with the GR (Gazoo Racing) Sport variant of the C-HR.
|Number Of Airbag||7|
|Adult Occupant Protection||35.80/36.00|
|Head Protection Technology||4.00/4.00|
|Child Occupant Protection||40.89/49.00|
|Effective Braking & Avoidance||8.00/8.00|
|Blind Spot Technology||1.46/2.00|
|Calendar Year||Europe||U.S.||Japan||China (C-HR)||China (IZOA)||Thailand|
- "FAW-Toyota IZOA to hit China market in June". Gasgoo. China. 2018-02-23. Retrieved 2018-03-14.
- "Toyota C-HR – First Reveal of New Crossover's Sophisticated Interior Design" (Press release). Europe: Toyota. 2016-06-28. Retrieved 2019-02-01.
- Ogbac, Stefan (2016-03-08). "Report: Toyota C-HR moved to TNGA platform midway through development". Motor Trend. US. Retrieved 2018-11-16.
- "Toyota Launches the New C-HR" (Press release). Toyota Global Newsroom. 2016-12-14. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- Wendler, Andrew (March 2017). "Toyota C-HR Reviews - Toyota C-HR Price, Photos, and Specs". Car and Driver. US. Retrieved 2017-01-20.
- Aytekin, Akin (2016-11-09). "Toyota begins production of C-HR in Turkey for export to Europe, U.S." Automotive News. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- Dzikiy, Phil (2019-04-16). "Toyota debuts all-electric C-HR/IZOA models prior to 2020 China launch". Electrek. Retrieved 2019-05-27.
- "Toyota C-HR Electric launched in China with 400 km range". 2020-05-23. Retrieved 2020-06-10.
- Charlwood, Sam (2017-02-23). "Toyota C-HR priced from $27K". Motoring. Australia. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- Woodyard, Chris (2015-11-19). "Scion goes edgy with C-HR concept SUV". USA Today. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Toyota's C-HR to Debut in Production Form Next Month at Detroit Auto Show". Car and Driver. US. 2015-12-23. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "2018 Toyota C-HR | Color outside the lines". US: Toyota. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "2019 Toyota C-HR | Stand out for all the right reasons". US: Toyota. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- Lim, Anthony (2019-10-01). "Toyota C-HR facelift debuts – new 2.0L hybrid variant". paultan.org. Malaysia. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- Capparella, Joey (2019-10-01). "2020 Toyota C-HR Gets a Little Less Weird-Looking". Car and Driver. Retrieved 2019-10-01.
- "TOYOTA C-HR". Aseancap. 2018-05-07. Retrieved 2020-06-30.
- "Toyota C-HR European sales figures". CarSalesBase. The Netherlands. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Toyota C-HR US car sales figures". CarSalesBase. The Netherlands. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "Toyota IZOA China auto sales figures". carsalesbase.com. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "2017 (Full Year) Japan: Best-Selling Car Models and Mini Cars". Car Sales Statistics. 2018-01-11. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "2018 (Full Year) Japan: Best-Selling Car Models and Mini Cars". Car Sales Statistics. 2019-01-10. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "2018 Thailand B-SUV sales report". Thailand. Retrieved 2019-03-07.
- "【人気爆発ライズ RAV4の影で大幅減のC-HR…】トヨタSUVで壮絶な共喰拡大中!!". 自動車情報誌「ベストカー」 (in Japanese). 2020-01-31. Retrieved 2020-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota C-HR.|