Toyota Corolla (E160)
|Toyota Corolla (E160)|
Japan: Ōhira, Miyagi (Miyagi Ohira plant)|
Susono, Shizuoka (Higashi Fuji plant, Corolla Fielder and export models)
|Body and chassis|
5-door station wagon
|Platform||Toyota B platform|
|Wheelbase||2,600 mm (102.4 in)|
4,360 mm (171.7 in) (2012–2014)|
4,400 mm (173.2 in) (2015–)
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
1,460–1,465 mm (57.5–57.7 in)|
1,485 mm (58.5 in) (4WD)
1,475–1,500 mm (58.1–59.1 in) (Fielder)
1,050–1,200 kg (2,315–2,646 lb)|
1,105–1,135 kg (2,436–2,502 lb) (Fielder)
Toyota Corolla (E140; narrow-body)|
Toyota Corolla (E150; narrow-body) (export)
Toyota Belta (Japan)
The Toyota Corolla (E160) is the eleventh generation of the Toyota Corolla that is sold in Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Sri Lanka. For international markets, the larger and substantially different Toyota Corolla (E170) is offered instead.
As with the Japanese E140 models that preceded this series, sedan version of the E160 as titled Corolla Axio; wagons received the designation of Corolla Fielder.
The Japanese market Corolla (Axio) is shorter in length and narrower in width, and engines are kept below 2.0-liters, so as to be in compliance with Japanese Government dimension regulations so that Japanese buyers have a reduced road tax.
Variants available for the Axio are namely LUXEL, G & X. Also available is the Corolla (Fielder), which bears a similar face as the Axio. Both the Axio and the Fielder are available in similar variants (1.5G, 1.5X & LUXEL) except for the Fielder, which also includes a 1.8S variant.
Toyota released hybrid versions of the Corolla Axio sedan and Corolla Fielder station wagon for the Japanese market in August 2013. Both cars are equipped with a 1.5-liter hybrid system similar to the one used in the Toyota Prius c, with a fuel efficiency of 3.03 L/100 km (93.2 mpg‑imp; 77.6 mpg‑US) under the JC08 test cycle.
In April 2015, Toyota released the facelift versions of the Corolla Axio and Corolla Fielder in Japan. The new version featured a raised front bumper and grille, LED headlamps, revised tail lamps and "Toyota Safety Sense" collision avoidance system.
|Grade, Model (code)||Displacement, Type (code)||Power, Torque||Transmission|
|1.8S (ZRE162; Fielder only)||1,797 cc (109.7 cu in) I4 (2ZR-FE)||140 PS (100 kW)@6200 rpm, 173 N⋅m (128 lb⋅ft)@4000 rpm||Super CVT-i with 7-speed sports sequential shiftmatic with CVT sport mode|
|Hybrid (NKE165)||1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) I4 (1NZ-FXE)||74 PS (54 kW)@4800 rpm, 111 N⋅m (82 lb⋅ft)@3600-4400 rpm||E-CVT|
|LUXEL (NZE161)||1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) I4 (1NZ-FE)||110 PS (81 kW)@6000 rpm, 136 N⋅m (100 lb⋅ft)@4800 rpm||Super CVT-i|
|1.5 G / X (NZE161)||1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) I4 (1NZ-FE)||110 PS (81 kW)@6000 rpm, 138 N⋅m (102 lb⋅ft)@4400 rpm||Super CVT-i / 5-speed manual|
|1.3X (NRE160; Axio only)||1,329 cc (81.1 cu in) I4 (1NR-FE)||95 PS (70 kW)@6000 rpm, 121 N⋅m (89 lb⋅ft)@4000 rpm||Super CVT-i|
In Hong Kong, the Corolla was based on the Japanese market model, available initially with the 1.5-liter 1NZ-FE engine in Advantage and Luxury trim levels. The 1.5 L engine means it has a lower vehicle license levy.
The Corolla sold in Hong Kong is made in Japan, although it does vary from the Japanese market model with minor revisions to the interior, such as the inclusion of the tachometer and automatic climate air conditioning control in the Super Luxury variant.
The Japanese made Axio is sold in Sri Lanka.
The wagon is also sold in New Zealand, aimed primarily at business and fleet customers. Available solely in GX trim, it includes a tachometer, but otherwise is very similar to the Japanese model wagon. Manual transmission and CVT are both available. Toyota New Zealand released the facelift model in July 2015.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Motor East Japan, Inc". Toyota. 2012. Retrieved 2014-07-15.
- "TMC Launches Redesigned Corolla Series in Japan" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Toyota launches new Corolla models". wltz.com. 2012-05-11. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Toyota News Japan (2013-08-06). "Toyota launches Corolla hybrid models in Japan". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2013-08-06.
- "Corolla Axio specs in Japan". Japan: Toyota. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Corolla Fielder specs in Japan". Japan: Toyota. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Toyota Corolla (NZE161R) leaflet" (PDF). Hong Kong: Toyota. January 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-11.
- "Toyota Corolla (NZE161R) specifications" (PDF). Hong Kong: Toyota. 2013-01-31. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-11.
- "Toyota Corolla (NRE161R) leaflet" (PDF). Hong Kong: Toyota. April 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-30.
- "Toyota Corolla (NRE161R) specifications" (PDF). Hong Kong: Toyota. 2015-04-21. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-04-30.
- "Toyota Corolla (NZE161R) wagon brochure" (PDF). New Zealand: Toyota. September 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-20.
- "Toyota Corolla hatches and wagons revamped". Stuff.co.nz. 2015-06-10. Archived from the original on 2016-05-25.
- "Toyota Corolla (NRE161R) wagon brochure" (PDF). New Zealand: Toyota. September 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-05-25.