|Toyota Etios (AK10)|
2014 Toyota Etios Valco 1.2 G (NGK10R, Indonesia)
|Body and chassis|
|Platform||Toyota EFC platform|
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
|Height||1,510 mm (59.4 in)|
|Predecessor||Toyota Platz (indirect)|
The Toyota Etios (Japanese: トヨタ・エティオス Toyota Etiosu) is a subcompact car consisting a line of four-door sedan and five-door hatchback produced by the Japanese automaker Toyota for the Indian automotive market since 2010, Brazil since 2012, Indonesia from 2013 until 2017, South Africa, and Argentina. The Etios nameplate comes from the Greek word "Ethos", meaning spirit, character and ideas. The sedan version was launched in December 2010 and the hatchback version (called Liva in India and Valco in Indonesia) was launched in June 2011. In May 2012, the Etios series reached total sales of 100,000 units in India.
Toyota introduced the Etios in 2010. The Etios is based on the EFC platform.
The Etios has been updated three times, in March 2013, November 2014 and facelifted in September 2016. No changes to the overall design were made, but there were changes to the interiors, front fascia and taillamps.
Etios Concept (2010)
The Etios Concept sedan with 1.5-liter petrol engine and Etios Concept hatchback with 1.2-liter petrol engine were unveiled in 10th Auto Expo automobile show in New Delhi. The actual commercial production started in December 2010.
|Model||Engine||Power||Torque||0–100 km/h (0–62 mph)||Top speed||Transmission||Fuel consumption||Octane rating [(R+M)/2]|
|1.2 L 3NR-FE||1,197 cc (73.0 cu in) I4 16-valve DOHC||59 kW (79 hp; 80 PS) @ 5,600 rpm||104 N⋅m (77 lb⋅ft) @ 3,100 rpm||14.08 seconds||180 km/h (112 mph)||5-speed manual||17.71 km/L (50 mpg‑imp; 42 mpg‑US)||91 or higher|
|1.5 L 2NR-FE||1,496 cc (91.3 cu in) I4 16-valve DOHC||66 kW (89 hp; 90 PS) @ 5,600 rpm||132 N⋅m (97 lb⋅ft) @ 3,000 rpm||10.6 seconds||180 km/h (112 mph)||5-speed manual||16.7 km/L (47 mpg‑imp; 39 mpg‑US)||87 or higher|
|Model||Engine||Power||Torque||0–100 km/h (0–62 mph)||Top speed||Transmission||Fuel consumption||Cetane number|
|1.4 L 1ND-TV||1,364 cc (83.2 cu in) I4 8-valve SOHC D-4D||50 kW (67 hp; 68 PS) @ 3,800 rpm||170 N⋅m (125 lb⋅ft) @ 1,800 – 2,400 rpm||13.94 seconds||170 km/h (106 mph)||5-speed manual||23.59 km/L (67 mpg‑imp; 55 mpg‑US)||50 or higher|
The sedan and hatchback models sold in Brazil are built with a flexible-fuel engine optimized to run with ethanol blends from E20/E25 to neat hydrous ethanol (E100). The Etios Hatch 1.5 Flex has a fuel economy with ethanol fuel of 8.13 km/L (23 mpg‑imp; 19 mpg‑US), Hatch 1.2 Flex fuel economy is 9.45 km/L (27 mpg‑imp; 22 mpg‑US) and Etios Sedan 1.5 Flex is 9.84 km/L (28 mpg‑imp; 23 mpg‑US), all in combined cycle 70% city driving and 30% on the highway.
Etios Xclusive editions
The Etios Xclusive is a version of Etios G and Liva G respectively for Indian market, with dual-tone cream and beige coloured interiors, Bluetooth-equipped audio system, rear parking sensors, higher quality seat fabric, a chrome cap on the gear knob, an 'Xclusive' badge on the boot lid with a choice of 3 body colours (white, grey and silver).
A new version of the Etios Xclusive was released in 2015 with a touchscreen infotainment system and a wood grain finish on the instrument panel. It is based on the VX and VXD variants and it comes in metallic white, silver and metallic blue.
Toyota India started a one-make racing series in India called the Etios Motor Racing. The series started in 2012 and witnessed an overwhelming response from the Indian youngsters, there were 3300 applicants. After a 3-round selection procedure, Toyota held 2 rounds of exhibition races in 2012, one at a purpose built race track in Chennai called the Sriperumbudur race track and other in the form of ROC (Race of champions) in Gurgaon. The 25 selected drivers competed in the main championship held in the later half of 2013. The cars are prepared by Red Rooster Performance based in Bangalore and designed by TRD (Toyota Racing Development).
Toyota would likely to continue the series in 2014.
- Gaadi Team has written 1734 posts on this blog. (2010-12-22). "Toyota to start production of Etios from Bidadi plant". Gaadi.com. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- Priscila Dal Poggetto (2012-09-17). "Toyota Etios parte de R$ 29.990; veja todos os preços e versões" [Toyota Etios for under R$ 29,990; see all prices and versions]. Globo.com. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Anjungroso, Fajar (2013-03-15). "Toyota Etios Valco Dirakit di Toyota Plant-2 Karawang" [Toyota Etios Valco Assembled at Toyota Plant-2 Karawang]. Tribun (in Indonesian). Indonesia. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- "Toyota Etios Review - Finally!". Bsmotoring. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "Toyota Etios" (Press release) (in Portuguese). Brazil: Toyota. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- Balasubramanyam, K.R. (2012-07-17). "There is no stability in government policy: MD of Toyota Kirloskar". Business Today. India. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Toyota Launches For-India 'Etios' Compact Car" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- Kelshikar, Tushar (2010-12-01). "New 2011 Toyota Etios Sedan Car Model launched in Bangalore". Indian Cars Bikes. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Etios Series Clocks One Lakh Unit Sales" (Press release). India: Toyota. 2012-05-25. Archived from the original on 2015-02-10. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- Brooks, Glenn (2012-02-17). "Analysis: Toyota attacks the Indian market, sales surge 89%". Just Auto. Retrieved 2014-06-19.
- "Etios Valco Resmi Diluncurkan di Indonesia" [Etios Valco Officially Launched in Indonesia]. Sidomi (in Indonesian). Indonesia. 2013-03-15. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- "Toyota Unveils Concept Version of New Compact Car for India" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts formally announces the Inauguration of its Gasoline Engine & Transmission Plant" (Press release). India: Toyota. 2013-02-22. Archived from the original on 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Liva Specifications". India: Toyota. Archived from the original on 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Etios Specifications". India: Toyota. Archived from the original on 2014-07-05. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "Toyota Etios: preço de R$ 29.990 e consumo de 10,6 km/l de álcool em cidade" [Toyota Etios: price R$29,990 and fuel consumption of 10.6 km/liter in city driving]. CAR.BLOG.BR (in Portuguese). 2012-10-15. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- "Toyota Etios, Liva Xclusive editions launched". Auto Car India. 2013-09-17. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "EMR Concept". India: Toyota. Retrieved 2013-03-22.
- Shinde, Kaustubh (2012-09-19). "Toyota Etios gets 4 stars in Latin NCAP crash tests". Indian Autos Blog. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
- "TOYOTA - Etios + 2 Airbags" (PDF). Latin NCAP. 2012. Retrieved 2014-06-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota Etios.|