Toyota New Global Architecture
|Toyota New Global Architecture|
The Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) are modular unibody automobile platforms that underpin various Toyota and Lexus models starting with the fourth generation Prius in late 2015. TNGA platforms accommodate different vehicle sizes and also front-, rear- and all-wheel-drive configurations.
Replaces the MC and New MC platforms. Offered in compact size with transverse engine and front- or all-wheel-drive.
- 2015–present Toyota Prius (XW50)
- 2016–present Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid/Prime (XW50)
- 2016–present Toyota C-HR (AX10)
- 2018–present Toyota Auris/Corolla/Levin (E210)
- 2018–present Lexus UX (ZA10)
Replaces the K platform. Larger than TNGA-C with transverse engine and front- or all-wheel-drive.
- 2017–present Toyota Camry (XV70)
- 2018–present Toyota Avalon (XX50)
- 2018–present Lexus ES (XZ10)
- 2018–present Toyota RAV4 (XA50)
Replaces the N and New N platforms.
The rear-wheel-drive Global Architecture for Luxury vehicles is used primarily on Lexus vehicles.
Daihatsu New Global Architecture
- 2017–present Daihatsu Mira e:S/Toyota Pixis Epoch/Subaru Pleo Plus (LA350S)
- 2018–present Daihatsu Mira Tocot (LA550S)
- Stocklosa, Alexander (27 March 2015). "Cowa-TNGA! Toyota's New Modular Platform Reaching Production This Year". Car and Driver. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- Akita, Masahiro (11 March 2013). "Opportunities and risks related to parts sourcing for next-gen Prius". Credit Suisse. pp. 1–3. Archived from the original on 17 July 2014.
- Dowling, Neil (8 March 2016). "Driven: Reset for Toyota's Prius hybrid king". GoAuto. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- White, Annie (December 2017). "2018 Toyota Prius Prime | In-Depth Model Review". Car and Driver. US. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- Ogbac, Stefan (8 March 2016). "Report: Toyota C-HR moved to TNGA platform midway through development". Motor Trend. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "New Auris" (Press release). Geneva: Toyota Europe. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "World Debut of the Lexus UX, a New Genre of Crossover" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 6 March 2018. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- Booth, David (10 January 2017). "Toyota Camry redesigned for 2018 – and it actually looks good". Driving. Retrieved 10 January 2017.
- "Attainable Premium, Actualized: All-New 2019 Toyota Avalon Beams Effortless Sophistication, Style, and Exhilaration at the 2018 North American International Auto Show" (Press release). US: Toyota. 15 January 2018. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "The all-new Lexus ES: a higher level of performance and sophistication" (Press release). Automotive World. 25 April 2018. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "Toyota Service Information – What's new?". Europe: Toyota. 19 January 2019. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- "All-New 2019 Toyota RAV4 Serves Up A Breakthrough Debut At New York International Auto Show" (Press release). US: Toyota. 28 March 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018 – via PR Newswire.
- "トヨタのTNGAとはプラットフォームのこと？ | 気になる車をクローズアップ" [What is Toyota's TNGA platform? Close up of the car you care about] (in Japanese). Japan: Toyota. 5 May 2018. Retrieved 17 July 2018.
- "New Lexus LS Flagship Sedan to Make Global Debut at the 2017 NAIAS" (Press release). US: Toyota. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 22 December 2016.
- "Daihatsu Announces a Complete Redesign of the Mira e:S Mini Passenger Vehicle" (PDF) (Press release). Daihatsu. 9 May 2018. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|