|Toyota Origin (JCG17)|
|Production||May 2000 – April 2001 (1,073 units)|
|Assembly||Japan: Susono, Shizuoka (Kanto Auto Works, Higashi Fuji plant)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Platform||Toyota N platform|
|Engine||3.0 L 2JZ-GE I6 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,780 mm (109.4 in)|
|Length||4,560 mm (179.5 in)|
|Width||1,745 mm (68.7 in)|
|Height||1,455 mm (57.3 in)|
|Kerb weight||1,560 kg (3,439 lb)|
The Toyota Origin (Japanese: トヨタ・オリジン, Toyota Orijin) is a limited edition mid-size car made by Toyota and released in Japan between 2000 and 2001. It was made available for sale in November 2000. It was planned that only 1,000 units of the car would be available, but in fact, 1,073 units were produced. In Japan, it was sold at Toyota Store, Toyopet Store and Corolla Store Japanese dealerships.
The Origin features a distinct retro style body modeled from the original Toyopet Crown and built using the same platform and inline-six engine as the Progrès. The price was ¥7,000,000 yen. The car was built by Kanto Auto Works in Higashi Fuji plant.
The vehicle's design employed many features unusual on modern vehicles to make it reminiscent of the original Crown, including rear suicide doors, a rearward-slanting C-pillar and jewel taillamps. Due to its exterior dimensions and engine displacement, it was regarded as a mid-size car for exceeding Japanese government dimension regulations and it also obligated Japanese drivers to pay a higher amount of annual road tax for the larger engine.
- "Affiliates (Toyota wholly-owned subsidiaries)-Toyota Motor East Japan, Inc". Toyota. 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2019.
- "History of KANTO AUTO WORKS". Kanto-aw.co.jp. Retrieved 16 July 2010.
- "Toyota Origin AT 3.0 (2000)". Trade Car View. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
- "Used Toyota Origin from Japan". 01 Japanese Car Export. Archived from the original on 28 August 2011. Retrieved 16 March 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota Origin.|
- 21st Century Toyota Origin concept car
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|