2016 Toyota Sienta 1.5 V (NSP170R, Indonesia)
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door minivan|
The Toyota Sienta (Japanese: トヨタ・シエンタ Toyota Shienta) is a mini MPV with sliding doors manufactured by Toyota. It was introduced in September 2003, based on the Vitz subcompact car, and is available at all Japanese network dealerships. The Sienta is currently sold in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Laos and Thailand.
The "Sienta" name is derived from the Spanish word "siete", which means "seven" (referring to its maximum passenger capacity) and English word "entertain".
- 1 First generation (XP80; 2003–2015)
- 2 Second generation (XP170; 2015–present)
- 3 Sales
- 4 References
- 5 External links
First generation (XP80; 2003–2015)
|First generation (XP80)|
2003–2006 Toyota Sienta (Japan)
|Assembly||Japan: Toyota, Aichi (Takaoka plant) (2003–2006); Ikeda, Osaka (Daihatsu Head Plant; 2006–2010, 2011–2015)|
|Body and chassis|
|Platform||Toyota NBC platform|
|Engine||1.5 L 1NZ-FE I4 (petrol)|
|Wheelbase||2,700 mm (106.3 in)|
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
The first generation Sienta was introduced in 2003 in Japan. The car can also be found in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore through parallel imports.
The Sienta received a facelift in 2006, 3 years after its first production. New colors were added, such as Apple Green, Gun-Metal Grey and Metallic Blue. Another upgrade found on the facelifted models is double electric-powered sliding doors.
Toyota cut the Sienta from the lineup in the third quarter of 2010 due to its age, despite it still selling quite well. It was reintroduced unchanged (except for renamed trim levels and a new sports model, Sienta DICE, with a different design) in May 2011.
Second generation (XP170; 2015–present)
|Second generation (XP170)|
2017 Toyota Sienta 1.5 V (NSP170R; pre-facelift, Singapore)
|Production||July 2015 – present|
|Designer||Hiroshi Kayukawa (2013)|
|Body and chassis|
|Platform||Toyota B platform|
|Electric motor||2LM AC PMSM (hybrid)|
|Hybrid drivetrain||Power-split (hybrid)|
|Wheelbase||2,750 mm (108.3 in)|
|Length||4,235 mm (166.7 in)|
|Width||1,695 mm (66.7 in)|
|Height||1,675–1,695 mm (65.9–66.7 in)|
The second generation Sienta debuted on July 9, 2015. It ditched the box-like shape of its predecessor for a new exterior design inspired by the shape of a trekking shoe and it features a large front grille as well as front and rear bumper garnishes that connects the lamps.
The minivan offers three interior layouts: 7-seater, 6-seater and 5-seater (for wheelchair users). Interior space has been increased in all areas compared to the previous generation model. There is also a hybrid variant, which returns 27.2 km/L (77 mpg‑imp; 64 mpg‑US) under the Japanese JC08 cycle test, making it eligible for eco-car subsidies and tax incentives. The non-hybrid Sienta returns 20.6 km/L (58 mpg‑imp; 48 mpg‑US) in FWD configuration. A “Stop & Start System” is offered as standard. The second generation Sienta is also the first to be sold in Hong Kong and is also available in Singapore.
The Sienta is available in X, G, Hybrid X and Hybrid G trim levels in Japan.
Toyota's official distributor in Indonesia, Toyota Astra Motor, had announced the second generation Sienta at the 24th Indonesia International Motor Show on April 7, 2016. Production of the Indonesian-spec Sienta at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia plant in Karawang, West Java began in late June 2016 and sales began on July 26, 2016. To meet the standard geological conditions in Indonesia, it is 20 mm (1 in) higher than the Japanese market Sienta. The shift knob location also moved to the floor to accommodate the 6-speed manual transmission, as well as the grip handbrake. The air conditioning knob was also redesigned. It uses a 2NR-FE 1.5-litre Dual VVT-i engine and is offered with four different trim levels as follows:
- E entry-level trim, equipped with basic necessities such as projector headlamps, single blower AC, monochrome digital multi information display/MID, double DIN audio, video and navigation system with CD/DVD/Bluetooth/USB/AUX, immobilizer, standard 15 inch wheels with outer cap, manual sliding door, and double disc brakes with ABS, EBD and BA. Available with the 6-speed manual transmission and CVT. Discontinued in September 2019.
- G middle low level trim with equipment from E trim, plus Toyota Move with voice command, air gesture and mirroring feature for the audio, video and navigation system, rear air conditioner, left-side electric sliding door, 15 inch alloy wheels and a jack knife-style key. Available with the 6-speed manual transmission and CVT. For the facelifted model, only offered with 6-speed manual transmission.
- V middle high level trim with equipment from G trim, plus halogen dual headlamps with manual levelling, keyless key with push start and stop button, dual electric sliding door and 16 inch alloy wheels. Available with the 6-speed manual transmission and CVT.
- Q flagship level trim with equipment from V trim, plus dual beam LED lamps with auto levelling, DRL, TFT color 4.2 inch MID, VSC, and interior with dark brown and white accent. Only offered with CVT.
The Modellista body kits were also available as dealer installed options, which is badged as Limited.
The Malaysian-spec Sienta was launched on August 18, 2016 and is fully imported from Indonesia. Two trim levels are available, 1.5 G and 1.5 V. Both the 1.5 G and 1.5 V trims have VSC, hill-start assist and 3 airbags as standard features. The top-of-the-line V trim adds dual beam LED lamps, push start and stop button, smart entry, dual powered sliding doors, dashcam, optitron trip meter, reversing camera and automatic front AC on the top of the standard features. Meanwhile, the G trim gets Halogen headlamps, key fob system, manual AC, single power rear sliding doors as standard features.
For 2018, the G trim was dropped and the V trim was upgraded with USB ports for the second row, removable trunk mat and upgraded optional accessories.
The Sienta was introduced in Taiwan in October 2016 as the replacement of the Wish in the market. It is available with the 1.5-litre 2NR-FE engine and the 1.8-litre 2ZR-FAE engine with VSC, hill-start assist and 2 airbags as standard features. It is manufactured at a new factory in Guanyin, Taiwan, and it is produced and being sold as a left-hand drive vehicle. The top-of-the-line adds dual beam LED headlamps, LED tail lamps, 6 airbags, head-up unit, dual powered sliding rear doors, color-screen trip meter, reversing camera, leather wrapped steering wheel and transmission knob, and double layer of front windshield as the top of the standard features.
The Sienta is available in Thailand in two trim levels, 1.5 G and 1.5 V. The top-of-the-line V trim adds dual beam LED lamps, push start and stop button, smart entry, optitron trip meter and automatic front AC on the top of the standard features. Four colors are available: Orange Metallic, Super White, Silver Metallic and Attitude Black Mica.
2018 Japanese market facelift
The facelifted second generation Sienta went on sale in Japan on September 11, 2018. The five-seater variant of the Sienta, called Funbase, was added.
2019 Southeast Asian market facelift
The facelifted Asian market Sienta was launched in Thailand on August 6, 2019 and in Indonesia on September 2, 2019. Unlike the Japanese market facelift, the changes are only applied to the grille and some parts of the interior. Other changes including a 360-degree view camera, a built-in dashcam, and armrests for the driver and second row passengers. Exclusive to the Indonesian market Q trim, the front bumper is equipped with aero kit.
- "Toyota Sienta". GoonetExchange.
- "Japanese Production Sites" (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2016-03-06. Archived from the original on 2015-03-18.
- "Toyota Sienta spesifications" (Press release). Indonesia: Toyota ASTRIDO. 2016-03-07.
- "トヨタ シエンタ 主要諸元表" [Toyota Sienta specifications] (PDF). Japan: Toyota. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "Toyota - 【國內新訊】Toyota Sienta動力規格確認，1.8升車型將搭載新世代2ZR-FAE引擎，效率高於Altis 1.8引" [Toyota - Domestic News- Toyota Sienta power specifications confirmed, 1.8-liter models will be equipped with a new generation 2ZR-FAE engine, the efficiency is higher than the Altis 1.8 engine]. Mobile01. Taiwan. 2016-08-12. Retrieved 2016-10-12.
- "What a Difference a T Makes: Toyota Sienta Minivan". CarandDriver.
- "All new Toyota Sienta". Carscoops.
- Lee, Jonathan (2016-04-07). "IIMS 2016: Toyota Sienta MPV launched – RM69k-88k". paultan.org. Malaysia. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- "Toyota Sienta MPV launched in Malaysia, fr RM93k". Paul Tan.
- "2018 Toyota Sienta updated with new features - RM97k". Paul Tan's Automotive News. 2018-03-14. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "ราคาอย่างเป็นทางการ Toyota Sienta : Mini MPV 7 ที่นั่ง ประตูสไลด์ไฟฟ้า" (in Thai). headlightmag. 2016-08-17. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "TOYOTA、シエンタをマイナーチェンジ" [TOYOTA makes minor changes to Sienta] (Press release). Japan: Toyota. 2018-09-11. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- Leu, Richard (2019-08-06). "2019 Toyota Sienta facelift: Thai prices and specs". Bangkok Post. Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- "Toyota Sienta Facelift Versi Indonesia Resmi Dijual" [Toyota Sienta Facelift Indonesian Version Officially Released]. Oto Driver (in Indonesian). Indonesia. 2019-09-02. Retrieved 2019-09-18.
- "2015 (Full Year) Japan: 30 Best-Selling Car Models". Car Sales Statistics. 2016-01-08. Retrieved 2019-08-13.
- "Best-Selling Car Models 2016". www.best-selling-cars.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Taiwan Best Selling Car 2017 - The top 50". Focus2move. 2018-01-30. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- Kuswaraharja, Dadan (2017-02-01). "20 Mobil Terlaris di Indonesia Tahun 2016" [20 Best Selling Cars in Indonesia in 2016]. Detik Oto (in Indonesian). Indonesia. Retrieved 2018-12-08.
- "Thailand cars sales report 2016". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). Thailand. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Best-Selling Car Models 2017". www.best-selling-cars.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Indonesian Automobile Industry Data". gaikindo.or.id (in Indonesian). Indonesia. Retrieved 2018-12-29.
- "Thailand cars sales report 2017". HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). Thailand. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Best-Selling Car Models 2018". www.best-selling-cars.com. Retrieved 2019-05-30.
- "Taiwan Best Selling Cars 2018- The top 50". Focus2move. 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-08-18.
- "Sales Report Mobil Indonesia Jan-Des 2018" [Car sales report January–December 2018]. Kendara (in Indonesian). Indonesia. 2019-01-17. Retrieved 2019-07-28.
- "Sales Report เจาะลึกยอดขายรถยนต์ ธันวาคม 61 + สรุปปี 2018 แบ่งตาม Segment" [Sales Report Insight on car sales December 61 + Summary of 2018 Divided by Segment]. HeadLight Magazine (in Thai). Thailand. 2019-05-09. Retrieved 2019-05-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyota Sienta.|