|Full name||Trésor Mputu Mabi|
|Date of birth||10 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Kinshasa, Zaire|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, striker|
|Jac Trésor FC|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He has been described by former Cameroon and Democratic Republic of the Congo coach Claude Le Roy as being "the next Samuel Eto'o", whom he picked for the 1998 World Cup in France as a 17-year-old.
Mputu joined TP Mazembe in 2002, and has been a pivotal figure in the club's success ever since. In 2007, he helped his club reach the African Champions League by becoming the top goalscorer of the competition with nine strikes, and the Confederation Cup.
In 2009 and 2010 he captained Mazembe to back to back CAF Champions League titles. Through the years Mputu has been linked with several European clubs including Arsenal. He is related to Tatiana Bonzele.
In July 2016, Mputu rejoined his old club TP Mazembe.
Suspension & Return
In August 2010, Mputu received a 12-month global ban following his aggressive actions toward a referee during a match between TP Mazembe and Rwandan army side APR FC. Upon his return to action after a year on the sidelines, it took him just 46 seconds to find the net for his club against rivals TS Malkesa.
Mputu made his international debut in 2004 and has been a regular in the squad ever since. He represented his country at the 2006 African Cup of Nations tournament, and is the current captain of the Congolese national team, leading the side in the 2013 African Cup of Nations tournament in South Africa. In their first game of the tournament, Mputu scored for the Congolese in the 2-2 draw against pre-tournament favourites Ghana.
- Glo-CAF's Best African Player on the continent: 2009
- IFFHS World's Top Goal Scorer of the Year: 2007
- African Nations Championship player of the tournament: 2009
- BBC African Footballer of the Year: 2009 (nominated)
- Kickoff.com (17 July 2012). "Where to now Mputu". kickoff.com.
- Trésor Mputu at MTN Football
- Arsenal target Mputu BBC Sport
- Kingsley Kobo (5 September 2010). "FIFA Suspend Congo's Trésor Mputu For One Year". Goal.com.
- FIFA.com (1 September 2012). "Mputu returns". FIFA.com.
- Trésor Mputu at National-Football-Teams.com
- BBC Sport (20 January 2013). "Ghana 2 - 2 DR Congo". BBC Sport.
- "Glo-CAF Awards 2009: Criteria and results". CAF Online. Confederation of African Football. 12 March 2010.
- "Shortlist unveiled for African player of the year award". BBC Sport. 28 December 2009.