|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Trac is an open source, Web-based project management and bug tracking system. The program is inspired by CVSTrac, and was originally named svntrac due to its ability to interface with Subversion. It is developed and maintained by Edgewall Software.
Trac is written in the Python programming language. Until mid-2005, it was available under the GNU General Public License; since version 0.9, it has been released under a modified BSD license.
Trac allows hyperlinking information between a bug database, revision control and wiki content. It also serves as a Web interface to the following revision control systems: Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Perforce and Darcs. Prior to version 0.11, the web front end presentation of Trac was handled by the ClearSilver template system. Starting with 0.11, an in-house template system called Genshi is used, although compatibility with ClearSilver-based plugins will remain for several versions.
Other features include:
- Project management (Roadmap, Milestones, etc.)
- Account Manager
- Ticket system (bug tracking, tasks, etc.)
- Search engine for tickets
- Email notifications
- Fine-grained permissions (since 0.11)
- Timeline of all recent activity
- Wiki (syntax similar to MoinMoin)
- Customized reporting
- version control system Web interface
- RSS feeds
- Multiple project support (planned for post-1.0 versions)
- Environment extensibility (via Python plugins)
- iCalendar export
- Multiple repository Support per environment (since 0.12)
- Interface localizations (since 0.12)
- Support for plugins
- Blog Plugin
- Discussion/Forum plugin
- Guestbook plugin
- Pastebin plugin
- Support for SVN and Git and plugins for Mercurial, Bazaar, Darcs, Perforce, Monotome and CVS
- ^ RELEASE in tags/trac-1.0.6 - The Trac Project, edgewall.org, May 20, 2015
- ^ RELEASE in tags/trac-1.1.5 - The Trac Project, edgewall.org, May 18, 2015
- ^ "Trac and Subversion". Edgewall Trac. Retrieved May 19, 2008.
- ^ "TracLicense - The Trac Project". Edgewall Trac. Retrieved March 6, 2007.
- ^ "ClearSilver - The Trac Project". Edgewall Trac. January 27, 2007. Retrieved February 6, 2007.
- ^ trac-hacks.org/wiki/AccountManagerPlugin
- ^ trac-hacks.org/wiki/SimpleMultiProjectPlugin
- ^ issues.apache.org/bloodhound
- ^ "The Trac Roadmap". Edgewall Trac. Retrieved September 14, 2009.
- ^ trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SpamFilter?version=93
- ^ trac.edgewall.org/wiki/PluginList
- ^ trac-hacks.org/wiki/HackIndex
- ^ trac-hacks.org/wiki/TracPastePlugin
- ^ "Who uses Trac?". Edgewall Trac. June 25, 2008. Retrieved June 25, 2008.
- ^ trac.torproject.org/projects/tor
- ^ trac.i2p2.de