Trace Memory (Torchwood)
|Set between||"Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" and "Reset"|
|Number of pages||249|
|Release date||6 March 2008|
|Preceded by||Something in the Water|
|Followed by||The Twilight Streets|
Trace Memory is a BBC Books original novel written by David Llewellyn and based on the British science fiction television, Doctor Who spin-off series Torchwood. It features all the regular cast of the show. It was published on 6 March 2008.
After a mysterious crate containing an alien orb, destined for Torchwood, explodes on the docks at Tiger Bay in 1953, young docker Michael Bellini is sent bouncing randomly through time and space. He ends up in the Hub where all the current members of Torchwood realise they have met him at earlier times in their lives. Meanwhile, 'The Men in Bowler Hats' are following Michael as he jumps unpredictably from era to era...
- The events of "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances", The Curse of Fenric, "Tooth and Claw", "To the Last Man", "The Unquiet Dead" and the fairies that feature in "Small Worlds" are all referenced by Hugo Faulkner.
- The explorer who discovers the Vondraxian Orb is referred to as "Nelson-Stanley", who may be Edgar Nelson-Stanley, the husband of The Sarah Jane Adventures character Bea Nelson-Stanley who appears in the serial, "Eye of the Gorgon".
- Gwen's first day alongside PC Andy in the police force is depicted.
- Gwen mentions events from Torchwood episode Out of Time.
- The device shown in Torchwood episode Ghost Machine is also mentioned.
- "Torchwood: Trace Memory". Random House. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 14 December 2007.
|This Doctor Who-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Torchwood-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|