|Directed by||Daniel Benmayor|
|Produced by||D. Scott Lumpkin
|Written by||Kevin Lund
|Edited by||Peter Amundson|
Temple Hill Entertainment
|Distributed by||Saban Films|
Tracers is a 2015 American action drama film directed by Daniel Benmayor and co-written by Kevin Lund, Leslie Bohem, Matt Johnson, Matthew Johnson and T.J. Scott. The film stars Taylor Lautner, Marie Avgeropoulos, Adam Rayner and Sam Medina. The film was released on March 20, 2015.
Cam (Taylor Lautner) is a bike messenger in New York City struggling to make ends meet. He rents from a woman, Angie, and her young son. He is accosted by thugs who warn that he has missed two payments on a $15,000 loan. After he crashes his bike when a stranger named Nikki (Marie Avgeropoulos) lands on him, he becomes intent on finding her. Intrigued by the leaps, bounds and physical prowess of parkour (or "tracing") demonstrated by her and her friends, Cam begins practicing and training. After a particularly daring stunt proves his abilities, Cam is introduced to her crew, a team that uses parkour to pull off heists.
Gang enforcers take Cam's only remaining family possession. They threaten Angie and her son, and she tells him he can no longer live there. Broke, homeless and desperate to clear his deepening debt to the violent Chinese Mafia, Cam quickly joins the parkour group.
Acting on his attraction to Nikki, he kisses her but she quickly runs off. Later, she comes to him. Cam learns that Nikki is involved with Miller, the cruel mastermind behind the group's activities and to whom she owes a debt for him rescuing her brother. Cam reveals that he took the $15,000 loan in attempt to help his mother, who has since passed away. Vowing to pay off his debt once and for all and get Nikki away from an impossible situation, Cam joins the group for one last dangerous job.
- Taylor Lautner as Cam
- Marie Avgeropoulos as Nikki
- Adam Rayner as Miller
- Rafi Gavron as Dylan
- Luciano Acuna Jr. as Tate
- Josh Yadon as Jax
- Johnny M. Wu as Jhonny
- Sam Medina as Hu
- Amirah Vann as Angie
- Christian Steel as Joey
- Wai Ching Ho as Chen
Tracers received a 1-star and 22% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. While lauded for being "fun to watch" for the action sequences and energetic use of young actors trained in parkour, the plot was generally regarded as "B-Movie".
- "‘Tracers’, starring Taylor Lautner, begins filming in NYC tomorrow". On Location Vacations. June 18, 2013. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- "Taylor Lautner’s first day filming ‘Tracers’ in NYC". On Location Vacations. June 18, 2013. Retrieved June 29, 2015.
- Tracers on Rotten Tomatoes http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tracers/
- Film Review: Tracers, Variety, Feb 25, 2015 http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/film-review-tracers-1201441420/
- "Taylor Lautner jumps back into action," New York Post, Mar 25, 2015 http://nypost.com/2015/03/18/taylor-lautner-jumps-back-into-action-with-tracers/