November 1, 1961 |
Exeter, Devon, England
Cox appeared as a relationship expert on Jo Whiley's show on BBC Radio 1. Her television career has included co-presenting programmes like Would Like To Meet on BBC2 and The Sex Inspectors for Channel 4 in Britain. She is also a columnist for newspapers and magazines, currently writing weekly for Closer magazine in Britain and the Mail Online.
Cox was born in Britain but spent many years in Australia where she edited Cosmopolitan magazine and had her own radio show. Although not much information is known about Cox herself, a great deal can be learnt about her from her books as they contain snippets from her own personal experiences. Hot Relationships was written after her divorce.
Cox claims her career choice is thanks to her older sister, who was a family-planning nurse. Cox says she "grew up surrounded by condoms".
- Hot Sex [Corgi Books, 1998] ISBN 0-552-14707-9
- Hot Relationships [Corgi Books, 1999] ISBN 0-552-14784-2
- Would Like To Meet (with Jeremy Milnes and Jay Hunt) [BBC Worldwide, 2002] ISBN 0-563-48843-3
- Supersex [Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2002] ISBN 0-7513-3864-8
- Superflirt [Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2003] ISBN 1-4053-0065-5
- Superdate [Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2005] ISBN 1-4053-0706-4
- Quickies (Dorling Kindersley Limited)
- The Sex Inspectors Masterclass (BBC books)
- Superhotsex [Dorling Kindersley Limited, 2006] ISBN 0-7566-2275-1
- The Sex Doctor (Corgi Books)
- The Kama Sutra (Dorling Kindersley Limited)
- Supersex for Life
- 100 Hot Sex Positions
- "Index entry". FreeBMD. ONS. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Osborne, John (5 May 2009). Radio Head: Up and Down the Dial of British Radio. Simon and Schuster. p. 180. ISBN 9781847377401.
- Brook, Stephen (14 August 2009). "Tracey Cox to pen News of the World Good Sex Guru column". The Guardian. The Guardian. Archived from the original on 14 September 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Christie, Janet (24 March 2013). "Interview: Tracey Cox, sex expert". The Scotsman. Johnston Publishing Ltd. Archived from the original on 3 August 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2015.
- Hoggard, Liz (7 November 2004). "'I'm trying to wean myself off younger men'". The Observer. ISSN 9976-1971. Archived from the original on 17 September 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2015.
- Symons, Jane (29 January 2013). "A routine smear test saved my life, says Tracey Cox". Express. Northern and Shell Media Publications. Archived from the original on 7 June 2015. Retrieved 14 September 2015.