Track & Field News
|Editor||E. Garry Hill|
|Founder||Bert Nelson & Cordner Nelson|
|Based in||Mountain View, California|
The magazine provides coverage of athletics in the U.S.A. from the high school to national level as well as covering the sport on an international bases. The magazine has given itself the motto of "The Bible of the Sport".
E. Garry Hill is the magazine's editor and Sieg Lindstrom is the managing editor. Janet Vitu is publisher and Ed Fox is publisher emeritus.
Each year, the magazine produces world and US rankings of top track & field athletes, selected by the magazine's editors along with an international team of experts.[who?]
Many of the standard abbreviations used throughout the sport, like WR=World Record; WJR=World Junior Record; AR=American Record, started as print saving abbreviations in the magazine.
Track & Field News discontinued paper and ink publication of the magazine and went to digital format only as of January 2018.
- Porter, David L. (January 1, 1995). Biographical Dictionary of American Sports: 1992-1995 supplement for baseball, football, basketball, and other sports. Greenwood Publishing Group. ISBN 9780313284311.
- The History of the United States Olympic Trials
- Gisondi, Joe (April 10, 2007). "On Sports: Track & Field – covering meets". On Sports. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "Contacting Us". Track & Field News. Archived from the original on 2016-05-22.
- "Contacting Us". Track & Field News. Archived from the original on July 23, 2017. Retrieved February 18, 2018.