Pollan in 1988
Tracy Jo Pollan
June 22, 1960
|Relatives||Michael Pollan (brother)|
Pollan was born on Long Island, New York, the daughter of Corinne Elaine "Corky" (Staller), a magazine editor, and Stephen Michael Pollan, a financial consultant and writer. She was raised in Woodbury, New York. Pollan is from a Russian Jewish family and was raised in the faith. She attended Syosset High School and later graduated from the Dalton School in Manhattan, New York. She studied acting at the Herbert Berghof Studio and later at the Lee Strasberg Institute.
Pollan was in a five-year relationship with actor Kevin Bacon in the 1980s. She first met Michael J. Fox when she played the girlfriend of his character on Family Ties; they met again on the set of Bright Lights, Big City a couple of years later and began a relationship. They married on July 16, 1988. They have four children together.
In October 2014, Pollan, along with her two sisters and mother, co-authored The Pollan Family Table, a cookbook of family recipes, kitchen tips and cooking techniques. The foreword was written by her brother, Michael Pollan, who is an author of several books about food.
|1982||For Lovers Only||Television film/debut|
|1983||Baby It's You||Leslie/one of the college girls|
|1983||Trackdown: Finding the Goodbar Killer||Eileen Grafton||Television film|
|1984||A Good Sport||Suzanne||Television film|
|1984||The Baron and the Kid||Mary Beth Phillips||Television film|
|1986||The Little Sister||Nicki Davis||Television film|
|1987||The Abduction of Kari Swenson||Kari Swenson||Television film. Title role|
|1987||A Special Friendship||Elizabeth Van Lew||Television film|
|1987||Promised Land||Mary Daley||based on a true story|
|1988||Bright Lights, Big City||Vicky Allagash|
|1990||Fine Things||Elizabeth Kathleen 'Liz' O'Reilly||Television film|
|1992||A Stranger Among Us||Mara||Nominated – Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Supporting Actress|
|1993||Dying to Love You||Lisa Ann Rohn||Television film|
|1994||Children of the Dark||Kim Harrison||Television film. Based on a true story|
|1999||Anna Says||Anna||Executive producer|
|2003||Hench at Home||Kay Hench||Television film|
|2003||First to Die||Lindsay Boxer||Television film|
|2009||Natalee Holloway||Beth Holloway||Television film|
|2011||Justice for Natalee Holloway||Beth Holloway||Television film|
|1984||ABC Afterschool Special||Jen Robbins||Episode: "The Great Love Experiment"|
|1985–1987||Family Ties||Ellen Reed||13 episodes
(Total 15 episodes) "Season 4" Episode 1, 2, 5, 7, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24 "Season 5" Episode 29, 30
|1986||American Playhouse||Nicki Davis||Episode: "The Little Sister"|
|1990||The Kennedys of Massachusetts||Kathleen Kennedy||Miniseries|
|1997–1998||Spin City||Renee Miller||2 episodes|
|2000||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Harper Anderson||Episode: "Closure"|
Nominated – Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series
Episode: "Closure 2"
|2009||Medium||Caitlyn Lynch||Episode: "How to Make a Killing in Big Business"|
|2010||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Patricia Caruso||Episode: "Traffic"|
|2013||The Michael J. Fox Show||Kelly||Episode: "Neighbor"|
|2016||Nightcap||Herself||Episode: "The Cannon"; appeared with husband Michael J. Fox|
|1980–1981||Album||Peggy||Cherry Lane Theatre|
|1985||Pack of Lies||Julie Jackson||Royale Theatre|
|1988||Woman in Mind||Lucy||New York City Center-Stage I|
|1992||Jake's Women||Molly (Age 21)||Neil Simon Theatre|
- "Tracy Pollan Biography (1960-)". FilmReference.com. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Lovece, Frank (15 August 2012). "Michael J. Fox prepares for new show about his life". Newsday. Long Island, New York. Archived from the original on August 17, 2012. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Bloom, Nate (January 8, 2008). "Interfaith Celebrities: Michael J. Fox Receives Reform Award, Liev Schreiber Narrates Jewish-American". 18 Doors. Retrieved May 25, 2013.
- Susan Reed (1 August 1988). "Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan (Archive)". Retrieved 25 May 2013.
- "Tracy Pollan: Actress – Vol. 53 No. 18". 8 May 2000.
- N/A (February 2010). "Tracy Pollan". Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- Deirdre Donahue (February 24, 1986). "America's Sweethearts". Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- Reed, Susan (August 1, 1988). "Michael J. Fox and Tracy Pollan Are True to Each Other, but This Is a Fake Photo—and Thereby Hangs a Tale". People. 30 (5). Retrieved March 5, 2013.
- WHEN A FAMOUS FAMILY PENS A COOKBOOK at Elle Magazine; by Elyse Moody; published September 25, 2014; retrieved December 23, 2014
- The Pollan Family's Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu at The Huffington Post; by Katie Arnold-Ratliff; published November 24, 2014; retrieved December 23, 2014
- For the Pollans, informal dinner is a family affair at The Boston Globe; by Michael Floreak; published October 21, 2014; retrieved December 23, 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tracy Pollan.|