Trade Centre Limited
Trade Centre Limited (TCL) is a Crown corporation of the Government of Nova Scotia, Canada. Scott Ferguson has served as president and CEO since 2009. Its stated mission is to "create economic and community benefits by bringing people together in Halifax and Nova Scotia". It operates the largest convention and events facilities in the Halifax Regional Municipality, and is a member of the World Trade Centers Association.
As of 2015, the corporation employs approximately 100 full-time and 400 part-time staff. TCL is heavily involved in planning and marketing for the new Halifax Convention Centre. In April 2014, the province introduced the Halifax Convention Centre Act, legislation that will see the provincial government and the Halifax Regional Municipality establish the Halifax Convention Centre Corporation to manage and operate the new facility. The new legislation allows Trade Centre Ltd. employees to move to the Halifax Convention Centre Corporation.
Trade Centre Limited was founded in the early 1980s in preparation for the opening of the new World Trade and Convention Centre (WTCC), championed by then-Premier John Buchanan who believed that the new facility would serve as a scaled-down version of the famous World Trade Center in New York City, eventually helping Halifax become the economic and business capital of Atlantic Canada.
- Exhibition Park – trade and consumer show complex
- Scotiabank Centre – arena, operated by TCL on behalf of HRM
- Ticket Atlantic – online ticketing system
- World Trade Centre Atlantic Canada – regional arm of World Trade Centers Association
- World Trade and Convention Centre – convention centre, office tower
- "Mission & Goals". Trade Centre Limited. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Atlantic Provinces Chapter Dinner with Scott Ferguson, President & CEO of Trade Centre Limited". Financial Executives International. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
As President and CEO, Scott and his team (approximately 100 full-time and 400+ part-time staff) work together to bring the world to Nova Scotia through event attraction and hosting.
- Beaumont, Hilary. "For Halifax's world trade centre, history repeats itself". Openfile Halifax. Retrieved 3 April 2014.