Alfred Aloysius "Trader" Horn (born Alfred Aloysius Smith; 1861–1931) was an ivory trader in central Africa. He wrote a book, Trader Horn: A Young Man's Astounding Adventures in 19th-Century Equatorial Africa (ISBN 1-885211-81-3), detailing his journeys into jungles teeming with buffalo, gorillas, man-eating leopards, serpents and "savages". The book also documents his efforts to free slaves, meet the founder of Rhodesia, Cecil Rhodes, and liberate a princess from captivity.
- Horn, Trader. Trader Horn; being the life and works of Aloysius Horn, an "Old Visiter" ... the first book he wrote was "The Ivory Coast in the Earlies" written by himself just prior to 1926 when he would have been 65 years old, with such of his philosophy as is the gift of age and experience, taken down and here edited by Ethelreda Lewis; with a foreword by John Galsworthy. New York: Literary Guild of America, 1927, 302pp.
- Horn, Trader; Lewis, Ethelreda (1938), Trader Horn : The Ivory Coast in the earlies : written at the age of seventy-three with such of the author's philosophy as is the gift of age and experience taken down and here, Penguin, retrieved 30 March 2015
- Horn, Alfred Aloysius; Lewis, Ethelreda, (ed.) (1969), Trader horn : the Ivory Coast in the earlies, written at the age of seventy-three with such of the author's philosophy as is the gift of age and experience taken down and here, Howard Baker, ISBN 978-0-09-307940-4
- Horn, Alfred Aloysius; Lewis, Ethelreda (1994), Trader Horn the Ivory Coast in the earlies, Association for the Blind of W.A, retrieved 30 March 2015
- Horn, Trader; Lewis, Ethelreda (2002), Trader Horn : a young man's astounding adventures in 19th century equatorial Africa, Travelers' Tales ; Berkeley : Distributed by Publishers Group West, ISBN 978-1-885211-81-1
- list of publications and editions
- Couzens, Tim (1992). Tramp Royal: The True Story of Trader Horn. Wits University Press. ISBN 978-0869754160.
-  Article about Horn
- Couzens, Tim (1992), Tramp royal : the true story of Trader Horn (Regular [pbk.] ed.), Ravan Press : Witwatersrand University Press, ISBN 978-1-86814-221-7
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|