|Key people||Eric Zipkin (Partner/President), David Zipkin (Partner/Vice President)|
Tradewind Aviation, LLC, doing business as Tradewind Aviation and Tradewind Shuttle, is an American airline headquartered at the Waterbury-Oxford Airport in Oxford, Connecticut. United States. Tradewind Aviation provides shared charter in the Northeast and the Caribbean, and aircraft management services.
Founded in 2001, Tradewind Aviation commenced operations utilizing a single Cessna Caravan. Charter service expanded throughout America and the Caribbean, spanning eleven cities. To provide the highest quality service, each domestic Tradewind Shuttle flight within the United States, departs and arrives at an FBO.
Caribbean network flights operate from normal terminals. Tradewind offers "premium" service at Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan with a semi-private lounge area while customers await their trips to the high-end Caribbean destinations served by Tradewind. Tradewind operates year round service to Gustaf III Airport in St. Barthelemy, providing the only year round, nonstop scheduled service between this ultra luxe French territory and the United States.
Tradewind Aviation operates scheduled flights to the following destinations:
- New Jersey
- New York
- White Plains Airport Base
- Puerto Rico
- San Juan Base
- Saint Barthélemy
- West Indies
- United States Virgin Islands
As of August 2017 Tradewind's fleet consists of the following aircraft:
|Cessna Citation CJ3||3||0|
- "Airline Certificate Information - Detail View". U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration. U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- DEWAN, SHAILA (February 4, 2010). "Volunteers Fly Supplies Into Hard-to-Reach Areas". New York Times. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Passenger service from Morrisville to NYC area to take flight". VTDigger.com. 18 September 2015. Retrieved 22 September 2015.
- "Tradewind Aviation increases airlift between San Juan, St. Barts". caribbean-on-line.com. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Coward, S. "Tradewind Aviation Begins Daily Scheduled Flights Between St Barths & Antigua". aribbeanpressreleases.com. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "New airline nonstop service also for locals, says Nevis Tourism Minister". Nevis Pages. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Tradewind Aviation's San Juan/Anguilla route welcomed". Anguilla News. November 5, 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2014.