Trafford Centre tram stop
Location of Trafford Centre in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||Under construction|
|UK Trams portal|
Trafford Centre is a tram stop under construction for Greater Manchester's Metrolink light rail system, that will be created to serve passengers boarding and alighting at the Trafford Centre on a new line on the network.
The stop will be located adjacent to Barton Dock Road between Ellesmere Circle and Bright Circle.
In 2013, the Greater Manchester Combined Authority and the Greater Manchester Local Enterprise Partnership announced it may fund the construction of the Trafford line as far as Trafford Centre Metrolink station using the Earnback mechanism of the Greater Manchester City Deal, estimating that the line could be open to passengers by 2018/19 (subject to a satisfactory business case, Transport and Works Act Order and public consultation).
The Metrolink stop at the Trafford Centre is endorsed by Intu Properties (the site's owner), and will be located along a new line routed from Pomona stop. An alternative route to this proposed stop also featured in Salford City Council's unitary development plan (2004–2016), whereby Metrolink would be expanded to the Trafford Centre from Eccles Interchange via the A57 road at Barton-upon-Irwell.
- "Transport & Works Act Order". Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority (26 July 2013). "Report for Resolution: Earnback Model, SEMMMS and Metrolink Trafford Park Extension" (PDF). Association of Greater Manchester Authorities. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "The Trafford Centre Travel Plan 2012" (PDF). intutraffordcentre.co.uk. 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 June 2013. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- GMPTE 2000.
- TfGM & GMCA 2011, p. 46.
- Salford City Council (2004). "City of Salford Unitary Development Plan 2004–2016 Saved Policies". salford.gov.uk. p. Accessibility. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- GMPTE (2000). Metrolink, Transforming Our Future: A Network for the 21st Century. Manchester: GMPTE Promotions.
- TfGM; GMCA (2011). Greater Manchester's third Local Transport Plan 2011/12 – 2015/16 (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 March 2016.
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Terminus||Trafford Centre Line||
towards Port Salford
|Trafford Centre Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|