|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
The village has been inhabited since ancient times where the ruins of the city of Sofa are located near old Tragjas dating to the Illyrian tribes to the IV century BCE.
The village continued to join local rebellions during the following years: 1537,1581,1833 and 1847 and in 1912 it supported greatly the Albanian founding fathers.
Tragjas was burned twice during WW2, firstly by Italians on 7 August 1943 and secondly by the Nazis on 5 August 1944.
- Skënder Hasko, writer
- Skënder Muço, Balli Kombëtar leader
- Gjon Boçari , castellan
- Ismail Boçari, professor and partisan
- "Location of Tragjas". Retrieved 22 April 2010.
- "Law nr. 115/2014" (PDF) (in Albanian). p. 6376. Retrieved 25 February 2022.
- Karaiskaj, Gjergj (1980). 5000 Vjet Fortifikime në Shqipëri (in Albanian). ShB "8 Nëntori".
- Pearson, Owen (2006). Albania in Occupation and War: From Fascism to Communism 1940-1945. I.B.Tauris. p. 230. ISBN 1-84511-104-4.
- "Tragjasi, e dogjën por nuk u shua".
- "Skënder Hasko". Toena Publishing House.