Train of Consequences
|"Train of Consequences"|
|Single by Megadeth|
|from the album Youthanasia|
|B-side||"Crown of Worms"|
|Released||November 10, 1994|
|Recorded||1994 in Phoenix at Fat Planet in Hangar 18|
|Producer(s)||Max Norman and Dave Mustaine|
|Megadeth singles chronology|
"Train of Consequences" is a song by American heavy metal band Megadeth. It was released as the first single from their sixth studio album Youthanasia in November 1994. The song was later included on the Megadeth compilation albums Capitol Punishment: The Megadeth Years (2000), Greatest Hits: Back to the Start (2005), Warchest (2007) and Anthology: Set the World Afire (2008).
Release and reception
The commercial retail single was only released in the United Kingdom, Australia, the Netherlands and Japan, however the song was released as an extended play and radio promotional single in the US. In a review of the Youthanasia album, Allmusic said that "Unfortunately, they have abandoned some of the more experimental, progressive elements in their music, but those are hardly missed in the jackhammer riffs of tracks like "Train of Consequences". According to the WeLoveMetal.com website, "Train of Consequences" is a song inspired by gambling and tells of the ill effects of gambling to man and society. In a review of the album by Billboard, with the song "Train of Consequences", Megadeth delivered "trademark aggressive rage 'n' roll to powerful effect".
UK CD single
Limited edition UK 12-inch vinyl
Limited edition UK 7-inch vinyl
European special collectors CD single
US EP CD
Australian CD single
Netherlands card sleeve CD single
Japanese mini single
|Chart (1994 - 1995)||Peak|
|European Hot 100 Singles (Music & Media)||50|
|Finland (The Official Finnish Charts)||8|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||22|
|US Mainstream Rock (Billboard)||29|
- Megadeth – Train of Consequences discogs.com. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Megadeth - Youthanasia - Allmusic Review by Stephen Erlewine allmusic.com. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- 4 Mega Hit Heavy Metal Songs Inspired by Gambling welovemetal.com. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Verna, Paul; Cronin, Peter (November 26, 1994). "Album Reviews". Billboard: 100. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Billboard magazine - 24 December 1994 - page 62 - under "Video monitor" section google.co.uk. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- "Eurochart Hot 100 Singles" (PDF). Music & Media. January 15, 1995. p. 9. Retrieved August 12, 2018. Cite magazine requires
- Pennanen, Timo. Sisältää hitin: levyt ja esittäjät Suomen musiikkilistoilla vuodesta 1972. Otava Publishing Company Ltd, 2003. ISBN 951-1-21053-X
- "Megadeth: Artist Chart History". Official Charts Company. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- "Megadeth Chart History (Mainstream Rock)". Billboard. Retrieved November 20, 2016.