|Comune di Tramonti|
A square in Polvica
Tramonti within the Province of Salerno
|Frazioni||Campinola, Capitignano, Cesarano, Corsano, Figlino, Gete, Novella, Paterno Sant'Elia, Paterno Sant'Arcangelo, Pietre, Polvica, Ponte, Pucara|
|• Mayor||Antonio Giordano|
|• Total||24 km2 (9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||321 m (1,053 ft)|
(28 February 2017)
|• Density||170/km2 (450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Anthony of Padua|
|Saint day||13 June|
Tramonti, directly translatable as "in the mountains", is located along the Via Chiunzi which leads to Maiori and the Amalfi Coast. The town is bordered by Cava de' Tirreni, Corbara, Lettere, Maiori, Nocera Inferiore, Nocera Superiore, Pagani, Ravello and Sant'Egidio del Monte Albino.
- Cappella Rupestre (Chapel in the Rock), in the village of Gete. A 13th century church in a slight hollow of the rock, housing tombs cut into the rocky side.
- Church of the Ascension
- Church of Sant'Elia (Church of St. Elia), in the village of Sant'Elia.
- Church of San Giovanni (Church of St. John), in the village of Polvica.
- Church of Pietro Apostolo (Church St. Peter Apostle), in the village of Figlino.
- Church of Sant'Erasmo
- Castle of Montalto and Hermitage of St. Catherine, at Paterno sant'Elia. It was built by the Republic of Amalfi on a cliff of the Monti Lattari to protect its territories from the northern side. It was stormed by the Normans in 1127 when the latter conquered the Republic.
- Castle of Santa Maria La Nova. It was built around 1457 by Raimondo Orsini, Prince of Salerno and overlord of the Duchy of Amalfi. A rectangular base was fortified by ten small square towers and seven ramparts, only some of which still stands.
- Convent of Saint Francis, founded in 1474.
- Monastery of St. Joseph and St. Teresa, built in 1662
- Pézilla-la-Rivière, France, since 2001
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- Population data from ISTAT
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tramonti.|
|This Campanian location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|