This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The company was founded in 1911 by Valentin Tramontina, the son of Italian immigrants from the village of Poffabro, town of Frisanco, in the Friuli region of northeast Italy. The current president is the entrepreneur Clovis Tramontina.
Today Tramontina is one of the most important companies of southern Brazil, having ten factory plants around Brazil, eight in Rio Grande do Sul, in the cities of Carlos Barbosa, Farroupilha, and Garibaldi, one in Belém, Pará, and the other in Recife, Pernambuco.
The company currently produces more than 17 thousand items intended for different segments. The company has a strong presence also in the international market, exporting to over 120 countries. The organization of the plants are given as follows:
- Tramontina Belém, located in Belém / PA, produces wood furniture, cutting boards, wooden tool handles and utilities;
- Tramontina cutlery, located in Carlos Barbosa / RS, produces knives (kitchen, professional sports), pocket knives, scissors, skewers, everyday cutlery, kitchen utensils and pots, shapes and aluminum non-stick sleepers;
- Tramontina Delta, located in Recife / PE, produces plastic chairs and tables and toys;
- Tramontina Eletrik, located in Carlos Barbosa / RS produces accessories for conduits, switches and sockets, junction boxes and aluminum accessories for electricity transmission networks;
- Tramontina Farroupilha, located in Farroupilha / RS, producing cookware, tableware, cutlery and utensils for stainless steel kitchen;
- Forjasul Canoas, located in Canoas / RS, produces forged eletroferragens for lines and electrical transmission up to 1000 kV, forged custom parts up to 100 kg (closed matrix) or up to 300 kg (partially forgings), hooks rod as DIN15401 with capacity up to 110 tons, eyelet hooks with capacity up to 50 tons, forged banking lathes, tools – axes and sledgehammers.
- Tramontina Garibaldi, located in Garibaldi / RS produces hammers, hatchets, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, pincers, chisels, planes, levels, saws and handsaws;
- Forjasul Woods, located in Crossroads of the South / RS produces pine panels, straight and corner shelves, bookcases and housewares.
- Tramontina Multi, located in Carlos Barbosa / RS, produced wheelbarrows, rakes, hoes, picks, shovels, scythes, sickles, rakes, cavadeiras, lawn mowers, gardening and pruning shears;
- Tramontina Teec, located in Carlos Barbosa / RS, produces sinks, vats, tanks, hoods, cooktops, ovens, trash cans, cachepôs and accessories.
In the domestic market, the company has six distribution centers – in Barueri, Belém, Carlos Barbosa, Goiânia, and Salvador, and four Regional Sales Offices – in Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Porto Alegre, Recife, and Rio de Janeiro.
The company has two retail stores in Rio Grande do Sul assembled exclusively with brand products, in the city of Carlos Barbosa and another in Farroupilha.
In 2013, Tramontina opened its first concept store in the city of Rio de Janeiro, the Tstore. The city was chosen, according to Clovis Tramontina, president of the company, due to its hosting of international proportion such as the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. According to him, the store will be a kind of laboratory where products will be offered first-hand to customers. In 2015 a second store in Brazil was inaugurated in Salvador, and the first outside Brazil was opened in Santiago, Chile.
Outside of Brazil, Tramontina has distribution and sales offices in South Africa, Germany, Australia, Chile, China, Singapore, Colombia, United Arab Emirates, Ecuador, United States, Honduras, Mexico, Nigeria, Panama, Peru and United Kingdom.
Tramontina has over 7,000 workers.