Trams in Johannesburg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Locale||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Beginning on 26 August 1936Johannesburg trolleybus system, which was opened on that day., the trams were gradually supplemented by the
However, the tramway network lasted for several more decades, until its closure on 2 August 1961.
- History of Johannesburg
- List of town tramway systems in Africa
- Rail transport in South Africa
- Trolleybuses in Johannesburg
- Pabst, Martin (1989). Tram & Trolley in Africa. Krefeld: Röhr Verlag. ISBN 3-88490-152-4. (English) (German)
- Patton, Brian (2002). Double-Deck Trams of the World: Beyond the British Isles. Brora, Sutherland: Adam Gordon. ISBN 1-874422-39-7.
- Spit, A H M; with additional material by Patton, Brian (1976). Johannesburg Tramways: a history of the tramways of the City of Johannesburg. London: Light Railway Transport League. ISBN 0900433558.
Media related to Trams in Johannesburg at Wikimedia Commons