Trance Around the World
|Other names||Trance Around the World with Above and Beyond|
|Genre||Trance, Progressive, and Electronic Dance|
|Running time||Two hours|
|Home station||Anjunabeats Radio (broadcast worldwide through other stations)|
|Host(s)||Above & Beyond (Jono Grant, Tony McGuinness, and Paavo Siljamäki)|
|Starring||Above & Beyond & Various Artists|
|Announcer||Above & Beyond|
|Creator(s)||Above & Beyond|
|Air dates||13 January 2004 to 11 November 2012 (After a Day for the New Name Called Group Therapy Radio)|
|No. of episodes||450|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Website||Trance Around The World|
Trance Around the World (often abbreviated as TATW and also known as Trance Around the World with Above and Beyond) was the title of a weekly radio show hosted by trance DJs Above & Beyond comprising a total number of 450 episodes from 2004 to 2012. The show took the format of a two-hour mix broadcast direct from Above & Beyond's studios in London every Friday 19:00-21:00 GMT, usually presented in a rotation mode between the three DJs in the group and included a guest mix in the final quarter of the show, in which fellow DJs and producers were given 30 minutes of air time. In the final weeks of the radio show, there were approximately 30 million listeners in 35 countries who tuned into the show weekly, which made it one of the most listened to radio shows in the world.
Trance Around the World was succeeded by Group Therapy Radio on 5 November 2012.
- 1 Broadcasting
- 2 Regular features
- 3 Retired Features
- 4 Specials
- 5 Group Therapy Radio
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Anjunabeats Radio is the home station for the show. Each week's episode can be heard live and worldwide on the Anjunabeats home page and also as an on-demand stream available until the next show airs. (Fridays 19:00-21:00 GMT)
The show debuted as a free iTunes podcast on episode #227 on 1 August 2008 (recorded live set from the Global Gathering in Russia).
(All times are localized for each region's respective time zone)
- Worldwide: Digitally Imported (Friday 19:00-21:00 GMT, Trance Channel)
- Worldwide: Danceradio.cz (Friday 20:00-22:00 GMT+1)
- Worldwide: Party107 (Tuesday 20:00 GMT)
- Worldwide: Ministry of Sound Radio
- Worldwide: Sirius XM Radio channel Area (Sunday 18:00 ET, encore Tuesday 07:00 ET)
- Poland: Planeta FM (Friday 22:00, 24:00)
- Romania: Vibe Fm (Sunday 00:00)
- Russian Federation: Radio Record (Sunday 22:00-00:00 GMT+3)
- Ukraine: Kiss Fm (Tuesdays 21:00 GMT+2)
- Dubai: Dubai92 FM (Saturday 20:00)
- India: WorldSpace Satellite Radio's The System Channel 202 (Thursday 22:00 GMT, encore Sunday 15:00 GMT)
- Singapore: Radio 91.3FM (Saturday 00:00-02:00 GMT+8)
- Lebanon: MixFM (Thursday 22:00)
- Jordan: Beat FM 102.5 (Friday, 22:00)
- Mexico: Trancemx.com (Friday 19:00)
- South Africa: Dance Web Radio (Tuesdays 12:00)
- Middle East: WorldSpace Satellite Radio's The System Channel 202 (Thursday 22:00 GMT, encore Sunday 15:00 GMT)
- Italy: m2o (Saturday 20:00 GMT)
- Australia: KIK FM (Saturday 05:00am AEST GMT+10), Raw FM (Thursday 22:00 AEST GMT+10), Joy 94.9 (Sunday 03:00am AEST GMT+10)
- Israel: Click2Dance Radio (Friday 0:00)
- Philippines: Magic 89.9 / Killerbee (Sunday 01:00 GMT+8 via BigFish Radio)
Each broadcast features two songs selected as Web Vote Winner and Record of the Week as well as a live or prerecorded performance by a guest DJ known as the Guest Mix.
Web Vote Winner
The Web Vote Winner is voted for by listeners from a list of new songs from the previous week's show. The poll usually took place every week at the Anjunabeats Internet forum, however it has been relocated to Above & Beyond's Facebook page.
Record of the Week
The Record of the Week is selected by Above & Beyond as their personal choice of the best song in the show.
Stuck in the Box
Stuck in the Box is a random classic track that is played right before the guest mix. This was a previously retired feature that, since episode 369, was brought back as a current feature.
The weekly Guest Mix features a live or prerecorded performance by a guest DJ. It is typically the final 30 minutes of the show. An extensive number of the world's most notable electronic dance DJs have appeared for this feature, including the likes of Armin van Buuren, Judge Jules, Ferry Corsten and many more.
Certain features that were present in the earliest episodes are no longer a part of new episodes.
Unsung Hero was a featured unsigned or demo production. This feature became unnecessary as a great deal of tracks that are now played on TATW are demo or unsigned productions. In early 2004 demos and unsigned productions and remixes were harder to come by.
Occasional episodes are specials that deviate from the standard format the show usually takes.
- Episode 042 (2004-12-21): Top 20 of 2004 Special
- Episode 055 (2005-03-29): 4 hour 'Classics' Special
- Episode 065 (2005-06-07): Anjunabeats Volume Three Special
- Episode 093 (2005-12-20): Top 20 of 2005 Special
- Episode 100 (2006-02-14): 3 hour Special
- Hour 1: New stuff
- Hour 2: TATW/Anjunabeats classics
- Hour 3: A&B's most influential tracks
- Episode 106 (2006-03-28): Live Special
- Episode 119 (2006-06-27): Anjunabeats Volume Four Special
- Episode 124 (2006-08-01): Above & Beyond live from Global Gathering, Stratford-upon-Avon, UK, 29 July 2006
- Episode 125 (2006-08-08): CDJshop.com competition Special
- Episode 138 (2006-11-07): Above & Beyond live at Turnmills, London, UK, 3 November 2006
- Episode 144 (2006-12-19): Top 20 of 2006 Special
- Episode 160 (2007-04-17): Anjunabeats Volume Five Special
- Episode 169.5 (2007-06-26): Above & Beyond live at Liquid Club, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 2 June 2007
- Episode 178 (2007-08-24): Above & Beyond's Summer "Anjunabeach" Mix
- Episode 196 (2007-12-28): BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix from Above & Beyond, 6 June 2004, winner of "Essential Mix of the Year 2004"
- Episode 197 (2008-01-04): Above & Beyond live at Anjunabeach party at Goa, India, 28 December 2007
- Episode 200 (2008-01-25): 200th episode Special featuring more than 70 cuts from tracks that were selected by the listeners and considered to be the very best which have been played in all previous episodes of TATW
- Episode 227 (2008-08-01): Above & Beyond live from Global Gathering, Stratford-upon-Avon, UK, 26 July 2008
- Episode 236 (2008-10-03): Anjunabeats Volume Six Special
- Episode 248 (2008-12-26): Above & Beyond live from ZoukOut Beach Festival, Singapore, 13 December 2008
- Episode 250 (2009-01-09): Top 20 of 2008 Special
- Episode 285 (2009-09-11): Summer Festival Special featuring tracks that Above & Beyond played at live events during the summer of 2009
- Episode 288 (2009-10-02): Anjunabeats Volume 7 Special
- Episode 300 (2009-12-25): Fans' Special. The listeners were encouraged to submit video or audio recordings that explained what tracks they would like to hear on the show. These audio clips were played at the beginning of the tracks in the show
- Episode 300 Part 2: A 9-hour show at Forum Hall, Moscow, Russia featuring DJ sets from Above & Beyond, Kyau & Albert, Super8 & Tab, Mat Zo, PROFF and Daniel Kandi, 12 December 2009
- Episode 301 (2010-01-01): Highlights of the 9 hour show live at Forum Hall, Moscow, Russia, 12 December 2009
- Episode 328 (2010-07-09): Above & Beyond live from Electric Daisy Carnival, Los Angeles, California, USA, 26 June 2010
- Episode 349.5 (2010-12-10): A replay of BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix from Above & Beyond, 6 June 2004, winner of "Essential Mix of the Year 2004"
- Episode 350: A 7-hour show at the Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, California, USA featuring DJ sets from Boom Jinx, Jaytech, Cosmic Gate, Above & Beyond and Super8 & Tab, 10 December 2010
- Episode 352 (2010-12-24): 2010 Web Vote Winners Part 1
- Episode 353 (2010-12-31): 2010 Web Vote Winners Part 2
- Episode 355 (2011-01-14): 10 Years Of Anjunabeats Special
- Episode 399.5 (2011-11-25): A replay of Episode 349.5 (A replay of BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix from Above & Beyond, 6 June 2004, winner of "Essential Mix of the Year 2004")
- Episode 400: An 8-hour show at Forum de Beyrouth, Beirut, Lebanon, featuring DJ sets from Jaytech, Kyau & Albert, Above & Beyond, Gareth Emery and Mat Zo, 26 November 2011
- Episode 404 (2011-12-23): 2011 Web Vote Winners Part 1
- Episode 405 (2011-12-30): 2011 Web Vote Winners Part 2
- Episode 415 (2012-03-09): A replay of BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix from Above & Beyond, 2 July 2011, winner of "Essential Mix of the Year 2011"
- Episode 449 (2012-11-02): Retrospective Special. Above & Beyond takes a look back over 9 years of Trance Around The World
- Episode 450: A 6-hour show at Jayamahal Palace, Bangalore, India featuring DJ sets from Jody Wisternoff, Andrew Bayer, Norin & Rad, Mat Zo and Above & Beyond, 10 November 2012. First 4 hours of the show were branded as TATW Episode 450, and Above & Beyond's set was a part of Group Therapy Radio Episode 001. Episode 450 was announced as being the final Trance Around the World episode
Group Therapy Radio
- "Trance Around The World with Above & Beyond #301". Above and Beyond. 2009-12-29. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "Welcome to Group Therapy Radio". Above and Beyond. 2012-11-05. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- Trance Around the World official site
- Above & Beyond official site
- Anjunabeats record label official site
- Anjunabeats Radio audio stream
- Tool for listen the Weekly songs